Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Goodbye REDSZONE

Re: Goodbye REDSZONE

For what it's worth. My PM's are ignored all the time. I think it might be that the mods/admins have lives other than RedsZone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    For what it's worth. My PM's are ignored all the time. I think it might be that the mods/admins have lives other than RedsZone.
    There are lives OUTSIDE of Redszone?????????

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Not trying to butt kiss, but just happy to have a great site. I could care less where I can post, just happy to be a part of a great community amongst people who care about the best team on earth (although their play obviously doesn't dictate it!).

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Not trying to butt kiss, but just happy to have a great site. I could care less where I can post, just happy to be a part of a great community amongst people who care about the best team on earth (although their play obviously doesn't dictate it!).
    ^^^^
    Witty signature.

I wouldn't even begin to try that. A mod has a responsibility, and more than once or twice or 20-ka-jillion times I've heard mods tell users to take it private. Not to mention that when you get a PM, you get a message smack-dab in the middle of your screen notifying you of so.

RBA: Totally unrelated, but the picture of the bridge over to Coronado is gorgeous! Hotel Del Coronado might be my wife's favorite spot on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    RBA: Totally unrelated, but the picture of the bridge over to Coronado is gorgeous! Hotel Del Coronado might be my wife's favorite spot on the planet.
    I work less than 2 miles from there. Sometimes I do a run along the road adjacent to the beach from work to the Hotel Del and back.
    Last edited by RBA; 05-30-2007 at 05:22 PM.

I work less than 2 miles from there. Sometimes a do a run along the road adjacent to the beach from work to the Hotel Del and back.
    Aha, 2 miles from the bridge is Petco Park. RBA is really Jake Peavy.

I also have decided that I won't be coming around much anymore. I'm not bashing anyone's decision about the changes...heck I'm new anyway. I've only been here since the last couple days of January and I already have over 600 posts...nearly 700. So, I feel as if I contributed quite a lot but have been rewarded negatively.

For those of you that I had the chance to meet when you drove up to PNC Park, it was great watching the games with you. I'll check back in from time to time...but out of all of the message forums I've ever been a part of, this one makes me feel like I'm being watched by a babysitter at all times. Once again, whoever runs this site can do it the way he wants...so, no hard feelings.

Take care guys. I'll post new pics if I ever take more, but I won't be posting much anymore.

If anyone wants to visit PNC Park, shoot me a PM. Chances are I'll get it.
    Last edited by Grounds_Crew; 05-30-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Grounds Crew---I am sorry to see that you are planning on reducing your visits around here--I feel you have contributed a lot of meaningful info and posts, especially the pix you posted right out of the box....I have found you on the limited time I have talked to you (on chat) to be very gracious and insightful...I must admit I understand the reason for your decision....best of luck and I hope to touch base (ha ha a pun) with you sometime again

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I also have decided that I won't be coming around much anymore. I'm not bashing anyone's decision about the changes...heck I'm new anyway. I've only been here since the last couple days of January and I already have over 600 posts...nearly 700. So, I feel as if I contributed quite a lot but have been rewarded negatively.

For those of you that I had the chance to meet when you drove up to PNC Park, it was great watching the games with you. I'll check back in from time to time...but out of all of the message forums I've ever been a part of, this one makes me feel like I'm being watched by a babysitter at all times. Once again, whoever runs this site can do it the way he wants...so, no hard feelings.

Take care guys. I'll post new pics if I ever take more, but I won't be posting much anymore.

If anyone wants to visit PNC Park, shoot me a PM. Chances are I'll get it.
    Well said. The babysitter comment was right on the mark.

It seems to me the changes have a couple of effects-1. Provide motivation for new posters to join ORG so they can post about the games. It also seems the moderators would prefer new posters to belong to the Old Red Guard. However, many of the newer posters may like their forum and may not want to belong to ORG. 2. I will not miss the reputation system. I think it was flawd, and I am glad its gone. 3. I have never been one to post on game threads, so I may not see a reason to try and join ORG. 4. I am a new poster, so I will wait and see how the new changes work out. 5. There may be some people who just prefer to post on The Sun Deck and dont care what is happening in The Old Red Guard. You can pretty much post anything you want about the games in The Sun Deck. I hope things work out, and I am glad to see some changes, I just hope they were the right changes.

Turn Off Ads?