Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye REDSZONE

Goodbye REDSZONE

I have been a member of this forum since 2004. I don't post very much but usually just read others post. I would have never posted enough to gain popularity points to get into Red Gaurd, but that was ok with me. But for you to not allow us to have a game thread in our little forum where we are allowed to post has just sent me over the top. I have been a Reds Fan since before many of you were born. I am 49 years old, yet not allowed to post my thoughts on a game in a game thread ? I agree that forums get trolls and that is why you did what you did a couple of years ago with the rep points, but that turned into a populatity contest, kinda like American Idol. I post from time to time, many of them positive remarks and some negative ones. That is called showing passion for your team IMO. I have never attacked anyone here and never would. I just do not see the reasoning behind not allowing a game thread where we can post as well. There are many other Reds forums out there, they may or may not be as nice a place as this one. I have never tried anywhere else. I guess I will get to find out. I Love the Reds, I Love reading about what is going on with MY TEAM, and I Love being able to post my thoughts when I want to. I don't like or agree with this so I guess I will leave. I am not asking for you to change your policy, or even give a Rats ____ about me leaving. I just wanted to voice my opinion one final time on a forum that I have loved coming to for over 3 years. This is SAD SAD SAD.......

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Goodbye REDSZONE

I wish we had a game thread too.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Sorry, to see you go.

Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    I have been a member of this forum since 2004. I don't post very much but usually just read others post. I would have never posted enough to gain popularity points to get into Red Gaurd, but that was ok with me. But for you to not allow us to have a game thread in our little forum where we are allowed to post has just sent me over the top. I have been a Reds Fan since before many of you were born. I am 49 years old, yet not allowed to post my thoughts on a game in a game thread ? I agree that forums get trolls and that is why you did what you did a couple of years ago with the rep points, but that turned into a populatity contest, kinda like American Idol. I post from time to time, many of them positive remarks and some negative ones. That is called showing passion for your team IMO. I have never attacked anyone here and never would. I just do not see the reasoning behind not allowing a game thread where we can post as well. There are many other Reds forums out there, they may or may not be as nice a place as this one. I have never tried anywhere else. I guess I will get to find out. I Love the Reds, I Love reading about what is going on with MY TEAM, and I Love being able to post my thoughts when I want to. I don't like or agree with this so I guess I will leave. I am not asking for you to change your policy, or even give a Rats ____ about me leaving. I just wanted to voice my opinion one final time on a forum that I have loved coming to for over 3 years. This is SAD SAD SAD.......

I agree, sometimes this place makes me feel like a child, mentally challeneged or both. I'm sick of the clique nature of the board, the whole popularity contest. This board is now on its death-bed.

Senor Votto

Unfortunetly I'm pondering my retirement from Redszone also. For the reasons you have already stated Redram. It'll be tough to find another Reds Message Board as good as this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Unfortunetly I'm pondering my retirement from Redszone also. For the reasons you have already stated Redram. It'll be tough to find another Reds Message Board as good as this one though.
    If this board is so good, why would you want to leave it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the 'mess' of things that had developed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If this board is so good, why would you want to leave it? You can still post, you can still read, the only thing thats changing is the 'mess' of things that had developed.
    So those that aren't on ORG are the reason for the "mess"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I don't think it was a mess at all. If you want to see a mess go visit cincinnati.com. The was hands down the best Reds forum available. Now it is just a divided community where there are a large group of members who have been told "you're no longer good enough."

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So those that aren't on ORG are the reason for the "mess"?
    You're not in the clique, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I don't think it was a mess at all. If you want to see a mess go visit cincinnati.com. The was hands down the best Reds forum available. Now it is just a divided community where there are a large group of members who have been told "you're no longer good enough."
    This isn't the first time that RZ has been divided... you should've seen the broohaha when it ORG and Reds Live! split two years ago...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

This is coming from a RL veteran so maybe its not worth anything. Yet,...

While I mean nothing personal against anyone, this just seems like a doctor ordered an amputation from the knee down after a big toe injury.

I wasn't really affected other than being banned from game threads, but I'm intrigued at the chosen method and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRed View Post
    This is coming from a RL veteran so maybe its not worth anything. Yet,...

While I mean nothing personal against anyone, this just seems like a doctor ordered an amputation from the knee down after a big toe injury.

I wasn't really affected other than being banned from game threads, but I'm intrigued at the chosen method and execution.
    This was a way where it could be more easily chosen who would be among the "elite" and who wasn't. Evidently all wheren't able to be weeded out with the reputation process.

I guess you could call it a "God Complex." You aren't good enough for Heaven. Let's stick you in Purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad View Post
    This was a way where it could be more easily chosen who would be among the "elite" and who wasn't. Evidently all wheren't able to be weeded out with the reputation process.

I guess you could call it a "God Complex." You aren't good enough for Heaven. Let's stick you in Purgatory.
    Like I said, I just don't get the chosen method, or a decision to annoint 240 worthy. However, it is a privately owned and run site, and their decision. And while I don't know any of these posters personally, I'm really surprised at some of the people denied immediate ORG access. I only say that because I enjoyed reading their posts and I felt they contributed on ORG (Mind you again that I am only reading).

It seems as though there were a handful or maybe several dozen ORG members that were viewed as the main problem, so I would think they could have just been demoted. I also enjoyed seeing contributions on RL from more established posters. They decided a change in structure was in order however. Water under the bridge though, and again it is a private site, so I have no say there and harbor no ill feelings about any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad View Post

...or we could have just allowed only Old Red Guard members access of any kind and gave everyone else the boot, as was proposed. In fact, that's essentially what Sons of Sam Horn did when they reached a similar dilemma.

got alil captain in u?

i myself am alil mad that i cannot post in game threads but i feel it is challenge to post good enough material to get myself back to the ORG status

Turn Off Ads?