Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye REDSZONE

Re: Goodbye REDSZONE

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving. I'm getting wireless access for my tomb when the time comes, so I'll have access forever.

Those of you that want to leave, go ahead, we'll manage somehow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool View Post
    First off I have donated money for Redszone. So yes, I do believe I can state my opinion. Two, you have 26,000 posts. Get a life. According to you, since I have paid before I guess I can dictate something. I was talking to people with 5,000 or less posts, or ones who are willing to simply converse and not try to be the redszone bad-ass and calls others out.
    No one said you couldn't state your opinion, you seem quite capable of doing that. As for me calling "you" out I wasn't but now I will.

* Edited

Starry
    starry night
    paint your palette red and grey

look out on a summer's day
    with eyes that know the
    darkness in my soul.
    Shadows on the hills
    sketch the trees and the daffodils

catch the breeze and the winter chills

in colors on the snowy linen land.
    And now I understand what you tried to say to me

how you suffered for your sanity
    how you tried to set them free.
    They would not listen
    they did not know how

perhaps they'll listen now.

Starry
    starry night
    flaming flo'rs that brightly blaze

swirling clouds in violet haze reflect in
    redszone's eyes of China red.
    Colors changing hue
    morning fields of amber grain

weathered faces lined in pain
    are soothed beneath the artist's
    loving hand.
    And now I understand what you tried to say to me

perhaps they'll listen now.

For they could not love you
    but still your love was true

and when no hope was left in sight on that starry
    starry night.
    You took your life
    as posters often do;
    But I could have told you
    redszone
    this world was never
    meant for one
    as beautiful as you.

Starry
    starry night
    portraits hung in empty halls

frameless heads on nameless walls
    with eyes
    that watch the world and can't forget.
    Like the stranger that you've met

the ragged men in ragged clothes

the silver thorn of bloddy rose
    lie crushed and broken
    on the virgin snow.
    And now I think I know what you tried to say to me

They would not listen
    they're not
    list'ning still
    perhaps they never will.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    You also, as a grown man, don't walk into another mans house and tell him how to run his household. Men respect the wishes and rules of another mans house.
    This house is owned by Boss and GIK. Anyone else is a guest.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I would like to announce that I have no intention of leaving.
    OK, Boss and GIK - back to the drawing board.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    OK, Boss and GIK - back to the drawing board.

Boss-Hog, if I could step into your house for a minute and ask you a question I would appreciate it. I really could care less about having access to the ORG, the Sun Deck suites me just fine. What I don't understand is why can't we have a game thread in the Sun Deck? Game threads are the main reason I come to this site, and I really enjoy following them while watching the games. Any specific reasons why it would be so bad for us peons to have a game thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Boss-Hog, if I could step into your house for a minute and ask you a question I would appreciate it. I really could care less about having access to the ORG, the Sun Deck suites me just fine. What I don't understand is why can't we have a game thread in the Sun Deck? Game threads are the main reason I come to this site, and I really enjoy following them while watching the games. Any specific reasons why it would be so bad for us peons to have a game thread?
    If you had a game thread, there would be less incentive to be elected into ORG. That's pretty much the long and short of it. For the system to work as planned, we have to give something to ORG that isn't available to everyone else.

For what its worth, I enjoy chat better than the game threads anyway. Less rules, more flowing conversation and no hitting F5 every 10 seconds.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Raisor's Bad List
    1. Puffy
    2. Boss

Was wondering why I couldnt post in a game thread...guess its just not me. Interesting way to approach it, i wont be sticking around, so all you idiots can continue to babble about whatever it is you babble about. 90% of this board is filled with idiots, who have no idea wtf they are talking about. peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Why, yes, since you asked kindly...

The decision to only have the game thread in the ORG forum was made for a few reasons. First and foremost, as has been mentioned, GIK and I want The Old Red Guard forum to represent RedsZone. Also, as paint mentioned somewhere else, the game thread is an incentive for those currently without ORG access to take the necessary steps to gain it.

Secondly, the quality of the game threads had deteriorated to that point that a few of us almost felt embarassed to have them on the site in their current state. I've never been much to follow the game via the game threads, but I respect those that choose to do so. However, when I did attempt to read it, the vast majority of the posts were knee-jerk reactions based on what just happened in the game. 'Oh man, we really suck', 'I hate this team', 'I've given up on these bums' to the complete other end of the specturm when the Reds play well (very rarely as of late ). I'm all for having passionate fans post here, and I certainly understand that the game threads lend themselves to discussion that isn't what we're striving for overall, but those type of comments aren't what I like to see when I do read the game threads. The sky isn't falling when they lose, nor should anyone be printing World Series tickets when they win, but it's hard to tell that from sampling a game thread.

Thirdly and also very importantly, in their current format, the game threads were extremely time-consuming to moderate. You have thousands upon thousands of posts that are continuously being posted in real time. No matter how many moderates we add, based on the fact that our moderators voluntarily do this thankless job out of the goodness of their hearts, I can't reasonably expect them to read every single post in every single game thread, nor would I ever ask them to do so. However, it got to the point where you felt that was necessary, be it the types of posts I mentioned above or the inevitable bickering that went on in these threads.

By reducing the number of posters that have access to these, and therefore the overall noise, that's absolutely not to say that the only problematic people in the game threads were Reds Live / Sun Deck users. There are a number of users I can think of off the top of my head that regularly posted in the game threads without problems, just as there are some current ORG users that were (or are) part of the problem with the threads. That being the case, primarily for the first and third reaons I mentioned, the decision was made to restrict the game threads to those with Old Red Guard posting access. I know many are reluctant to give it a chance, but honestly, I don't see why chat couldn't serve much of the same purpose as the game threads with the exception that it wouldn't be archived (though I don't see that as a major deal, given the the game threads occur while the game is happening). Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    Was wondering why I couldnt post in a game thread...guess its just not me. Interesting way to approach it, i wont be sticking around, so all you idiots can continue to babble about whatever it is you babble about. 90% of this board is filled with idiots, who have no idea wtf they are talking about. peace out
    I'm pretty sure this post was directed at Puffy.

Rack me.

I'm pretty sure this post was directed at Puffy.

Rack me.

Does that bump me down on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post

Does that bump me down on your list?
    the list only has two slots, so you're as far down as you can go.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

only has two slots, so you're as far down as you can go.
    Isn't that exactly what Amanda said to you on your honeymoon?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?