Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

Re: Application for Old Red Guard Access Now Works

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I kinda doubt 200 members were demoted from ORG. Could it be that many of that 200 are no longer active members?
    Possibly, but the numbers Redsland presented are correct. I couldn't tell you how many of those roughly ~450 members were active at the time.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BaseballBum

The only thing I can think of that is more pathetic than making thousands of posts on a message board is applying for the “privilege” to make thousands of posts on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballBum View Post
    The only thing I can think of that is more pathetic than making thousands of posts on a message board is applying for the “privilege” to make thousands of posts on a message board.
    If that's pathetic, what do you call a complaint about having to apply for the privilege?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

How can you tell how long you have been a member, I think I joined in December 2006, so I am not sure if I have been here 6 months. In any case, I have only 190 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    How can you tell how long you have been a member, I think I joined in December 2006, so I am not sure if I have been here 6 months. In any case, I have only 190 posts.
    You joined 12/7/2006.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballBum View Post
    The only thing I can think of that is more pathetic than applying for the “privilege” to make thousands of posts on a message board is complaining about having to apply for the "privledge" to make thousands of posts on a message board.

Good communities of all kinds require management to be sustained and thrive. Nobody is forced to participate, but everybody is required to follow the rules should they choose to join up.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Well, I have made my application to be considered for inclusion to the Old Red Guard. I may not make it this time, since I made some mistakes when I was first posting. I am not one who would join to post on game threads, but to have reasonable discussions about players. I like The Sun Deck, but emotion seems to run high on it. In any case, I hope my application received favorably at some time in the future.

ORG Infidel

I applied but then realized I do not have the required number of posts yet. Is there any way to unapply? I have been with the site for years but am more of a reader than a talker. You can learn a lot by being quiet.

Turn Off Ads?