Griffey rf
    Encarnacion 3b
    Gonzalez ss
    Wise cf
    Castro 2b
    Moeller c
    Belisle p

Notes from Trent.

DENVER -- Beautiful day out here in the mountains, but Josh Hamilton isn't seeing it. Hamilton is completing his assignment in Durham today. He'll join the team in St. Louis.

Wayne Krivsky said he didn't think it was best for Hamilton to fly out here for one game. His first coupel fo games back Hamilton told Krivsky his legs weren't quite under him yet.

"It didn’t seem like the wise and prudent thing to do to go through all that travel for one game. If he’d been eligible for Friday that would be a different," Krivsky said. "Based on everything he went through physically, it didn’t make sense to do it for one game. I'm sure I'll get criticized for that, but that goes with the territory -- have a little wider lens than one game, you’ve got to put it all together and it’s the smart thing to do."

Krivsky also said he talked to Eddie Guardado, who threw a perfect 1-2-3 inning for the Dayton Dragons last night. Guardado told him he felt fine.

"He hasn’t gone back-to-back yet," Krivsky said. "We want to get him some time in a higher level. The trainers have been through this kind of stuff before."

Yeah, it's Homer on Saturday.

"It's TBA, not TBD," Narron said.

Meaning the pitcher is to be announced, not to be determined.

Nobody said it was Homer, but reading between the lines it was very obvious.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: 6/3/07 Reds vs Rockies thread

According to Narron's pregame comments, Griffey is sitting today...unless something has changed in the past few minutes...

What would really be swell is if he started Conine in RF for Griffey. This could be the worst conceivable lineup you could post from this roster. Inexcuseable really.

I don't think JN is dumb enough to sit JR today..... Edwin is starting to hit the ball but thats it...

You have to have some thunder in the lineup.....

Todays lineup will score like 12 runs.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

[QUOTE=RedsMan3203;1370845]The Sunday Speical....

Reds lineup:
    Hopper lf
    Hatteberg 1b
    Griffey rf
    Encarnacion 3b
    Gonzalez ss
    Wise cf
    Castro 2b
    Moeller c
    Belisle p

This lineup is disgraceful... Don't know what else to say.

They say.... If you throw enough chit on the wall - something is bound to stick.

Jockstocks Homepage

Why in the world would you sit Phillips today? Didn't he just sit a few days ago? No Phillips AND no Dunn? They have an off-day tomorrow, why sit them today?

My oh my.

Beyond disgraceful.

Really, really and truly, an afront to logic and reason and a smack in the face to people that actually care about the Reds.

I have no problem with resting Phillips. Guys need a day off from time to time.

The problem is that Juan Castro is the guy getting him the rest.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I have no problem with resting Phillips. Guys need a day off from time to time.

The problem is that Juan Castro is the guy getting him the rest.
    Tomorrow...off

Next monday..off

the following Thursday...off

And the final Monday of the month...off

So, is Junior starting? If so, I may contemplate watching this. If not, hey I have an entire season of The Wire to watch.
    Last edited by letsgojunior; 06-03-2007 at 02:09 PM.

are they playing a split-squad DH today?
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I think it's OK to sit Dunn too. He's flabergasted at his poor hitting right now. Maybe if he can watch a game he can get his rythm back. Adam needs a day off, he's really not seeing the ball right now. There is a chance that Castro will get hot, he can, the question is will today be one of them. I guess Narron feels he should give the part timers a shot while they're in Coors field.

More Notes from Trent

If you're waiting to buy tickets, well, Wayne Krivsky said Homer is a "candidate" and "things can change." Meaning even if Homer is the guy (which it seems like) he could throw Friday, not Saturday. Or he could not be the guy.

Homer's day to pitch is Thursday, so he could pitch on Friday on six days rest instead of Saturday on seventh, allowing Belisle an extra day to "come down" from Colorado's air.

Jockstocks Homepage

Since the game is not on yet, turn on ESPN and check out the pitcher for the Arizona Women's softball team

Turn Off Ads?