Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello All,

My name's Dan and I grew up in NJ. I learned the game of baseball through watching the Yankees and grew up a Mets fan.

I did though always have a spot spot for the Reds. Dustin Hoffman's character in RainMan was wearing a Reds shirt throughout it. It was one of my favorite movies growing up and movie characters. One of my first online friends was a big Reds fan from somewhere in Cincinnati.

I finally got to visit the city recently and really enjoyed the Reds Hall of Fame. Unfortunately the team was out of town that week.

So yeah I can't call myself a life long fan but as I turn to the next page of my life I'm very interested and would like to see the Reds have success. Look forward to following the club through the forum.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-16-2022),Boss-Hog (08-05-2022),cumberlandreds (08-07-2022),NebraskaRed (08-07-2022),OesterPoster (08-16-2022),Revering4Blue (08-05-2022),Roy Tucker (08-06-2022),Tadasimha (09-10-2022),westofyou (08-08-2022),WrongVerb (08-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hi Everyone - thought I'd finally introduce myself... lurked for quite a while. I'm 30 and I grew up in NKY. Looking forward to discussing baseball and learn something new from you all.

I'm also on the Bengals board as QueenCity and the UK Rupp Rafters board as DraftCat
    Good to have you here. Enjoy!!!

Reds, Bengals, and UK Wildcats are my three favorite sports teams.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    Hello All,

My name's Dan and I grew up in NJ. I learned the game of baseball through watching the Yankees and grew up a Mets fan.

I did though always have a spot spot for the Reds. Dustin Hoffman's character in RainMan was wearing a Reds shirt throughout it. It was one of my favorite movies growing up and movie characters. One of my first online friends was a big Reds fan from somewhere in Cincinnati.

I finally got to visit the city recently and really enjoyed the Reds Hall of Fame. Unfortunately the team was out of town that week.

So yeah I can't call myself a life long fan but as I turn to the next page of my life I'm very interested and would like to see the Reds have success. Look forward to following the club through the forum.

Really glad that you could join us here. It's a fun place to hang out!
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

6. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-06-2022)

This thread is amazing. I just hopped around and read postings from 2006, 2007, 2009, 2020, and present time. I'm getting old enough now that I can't remember if I already read all those posts once before.

Hey all

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-31-2023),cumberlandreds (01-31-2023),CySeymour (02-08-2023),Plus Plus (01-31-2023),Revering4Blue (02-02-2023),Ron Madden (02-17-2023),WrongVerb (01-31-2023)

Hi: My name is Mary. First time on social media so sorry if I say or do something wrong. I am in search of something and thought this might be a good place to start. Since you all are the most dedicated Reds fans, I'm wondering if someone has a picture I'd love to have. Remember when there was a massive photo of Castellanos in his infamous flexing pose at home plate to the left of the main entrance of GABP? I attended a game during that stretch and regret not taking a photo of it. Haven't been able to find it online. As I was getting ready to post this, I might have another reason for being here. Since last summer I've slowly but surely been losing my love for Reds/baseball but would love to get it back. Thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by goebonereason View Post
    Hi: My name is Mary. First time on social media so sorry if I say or do something wrong. I am in search of something and thought this might be a good place to start. Since you all are the most dedicated Reds fans, I'm wondering if someone has a picture I'd love to have. Remember when there was a massive photo of Castellanos in his infamous flexing pose at home plate to the left of the main entrance of GABP? I attended a game during that stretch and regret not taking a photo of it. Haven't been able to find it online. As I was getting ready to post this, I might have another reason for being here. Since last summer I've slowly but surely been losing my love for Reds/baseball but would love to get it back. Thanks for listening!
    Hi, Mary. It's unfortunate the only thing I can see when I look at your username is "boner" right there in the middle. Here ya go:

Name:  castellanos.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  272.3 KB

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-07-2023),Ron Madden (02-17-2023),westofyou (02-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hi, Mary. It's unfortunate the only thing I can see when I look at your username is "boner" right there in the middle.

14. Likes:

Chip R (02-08-2023),Mutaman (02-10-2023)

Howdy, all. Love the game threads, and I’ve lurked long enough so I may chime in now and again.

By the way, you guys really make the missus laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-12-2023),cumberlandreds (04-15-2023),Revering4Blue (04-17-2023),Ron Madden (07-21-2023),texasdave (04-12-2023)

Hello all,

People always ask me how a guy who's lived outside Philly in NJ all his life could be a life long Reds fan.

Three words is my answer... Johnny Lee Bench.

I was a catcher in youth baseball so I loved to watch the best. That made me a fan of the team. Been on the roller coaster ride since.

Favorite guys through the years (odd that catchers didn't become listed after JB) Morgan, Sabo, Larkin, Votto, Bruce, Castellanos, India

Loving this team this year. I have the MLB.tv package and try to watch as many games as I can even in the bad times.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-01-2023),cumberlandreds (06-01-2023),goreds2 (07-17-2023),Revering4Blue (06-01-2023),Ron Madden (07-21-2023),Sea Ray (06-01-2023),SunDeck (06-22-2023),WrongVerb (06-01-2023)

Greetings to the community. I've lurked here off and on over the years going back to around 2010 and maybe earlier.

As I've moved into partial retirement I have some time to actually follow the Reds again and have actually been watching more of the minors than than the parent club until the last couple of years.

I grew up in Idaho which is free agent fan land. I played catcher in the very late 60's and early 70's for an pee wee team in my home town. Logically, I ended up a Reds fan because of Bench.... even though Concepcion is probably my favorite of that era.

It's a good time to be a Reds fan and I think we'll have a good shot at a meaningful run over the next few years.

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-17-2023),cumberlandreds (07-16-2023),dragonoffrost (07-18-2023),goreds2 (07-17-2023),NebraskaRed (07-17-2023),Ron Madden (07-21-2023),Sea Ray (07-18-2023),WrongVerb (07-17-2023)

Turn Off Ads?