Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdrich View Post
    Growing up I had to endure the 2000s just like every other Reds fan. My favorite Player was Ken Griffey Junior until the king of walks, Joey Votto. Many of the papers I wrote in middle school and high school were about either Pete Rose or Ken Griffey Junior. I am from Savannah Tennessee, but I currently attend the University of Memphis in Memphis, TN. Growing up in Savannah, we didn't get to go the ballpark all the time, but we always attended at least once sometimes twice in a year. I still have my ticket from my first game, which happened to be the first game at GABP on opening day 2003. I have my ticket of the first postseason game played in GABP from 2010, and I still have my Home Run Derby and All Star Game ticket from 2015. I have viewed redzone several times, and I am now posting, now that I believe that I am old enough. I look forward to the future for this team, for I see the light at the end of a tunnel.

I really can't seem to figure out how to "edit" my "signature" under my posts. I can't seem to find it in "My Profile"
    Welcome aboard! Just go to the settings link that is right next to the My Profile. Click on that and the signature link is on the left. You should be able to change it then.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello all. Reds fan from Tampa checking in. First Reds game was in 1976 on Johnny Bench Bat Day against the Cubs in Riverfront. Last one was this past season here in Tampa against the Rays. The only common thread in both games was the fact that Reds pitching was a near non-entity in both games. The Big Red Machine survived The Santo Alcala Experience and I believe beat the Cubs. I can't say the same thing about the Rays game I attended.

I've gained more appreciation for Reds teams I never had the chance to see. I'm a big admirer of the McKechnie era and I've managed to turn my cubicle at work into a tribute to those years in particular.

Looking forward to the season and hope the pitching will develop enough to see real progress made this year.
    If you’re angry, you can’t think, and if you can’t think, you can’t pitch for me.

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-10-2018),cumberlandreds (02-12-2018),Raisor (02-12-2018),RedsfaninMT (02-10-2018),Revering4Blue (02-09-2018),Roy Tucker (02-15-2018),SunDeck (08-17-2019)

Your username made me listen to some Stealy Dan. So thanks and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Your username made me listen to some Stealy Dan. So thanks and welcome.
    Is that a Steely Dan cover band?

Hello.

I have lurked around for months.

If you frequented the eastgate mall in 1999 to 2004, there is a good chance i sold you some pizza

Hi Guys (gals?),

Brewer fan here, though I do like the Reds, too.

I dropped in, as it's interesting to get perspectives from other fan bases.

I can't hate on the Bucs or Reds. Cards and Cubs are another thing...

Ed

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-16-2019),cumberlandreds (01-15-2019),Plus Plus (01-14-2019),RedEye (01-16-2019),Revering4Blue (01-14-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (01-14-2019),SunDeck (08-17-2019),WrongVerb (01-14-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zad Fnark View Post
    Hi Guys (gals?),

Brewer fan here, though I do like the Reds, too.

I dropped in, as it's interesting to get perspectives from other fan bases.

I can't hate on the Bucs or Reds. Cards and Cubs are another thing...

Ed
    Welcome Ed!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Nice to see a Brewer fan on board
    Go Gators!

Thanks, guys.

Brewer fans are welcome. More diverse thoughts exchanged the better.

My birthday so will just check in to say I am still around but hard to post on smart phone no computer

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-28-2019),Revering4Blue (01-30-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (02-02-2019),Sea Ray (01-28-2019),WrongVerb (01-27-2019)

So I recently fully committed to being a reds fan. I've been playing fantasy baseball and "followed" the red sox for a while (mostly because on my dislike for the Yankees), but I'm from the area and decided I should follow the local team. I got reds gear for Christmas, and I'm glad they are putting that revenue to good use. Can't wait to get out to a few games this year.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-30-2019),cumberlandreds (01-30-2019),Plus Plus (01-31-2019),Revering4Blue (01-30-2019),Ron Madden (02-03-2019),Roy Tucker (02-02-2019),WrongVerb (01-30-2019)

Asuna's Husband

sorry I posted this as my own thread instead of in here like I was suposed to ��

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! *V-signs and winks at u*
    *blushes nervously*
    I- *stammers*

I-Im new here and just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! Here are some facts about me:

* I LOVE anime- especially Sword Art Online!! uwu
    * I LOVE baseball- especially Yasiel Puig!!! I used to live in LA before moving out here to Cinci for work RIGHT before Puig!!!! Imagine how excited I was. Hehe
    * I LOVE meeting people and talking baseball. Puig is my favorite player if you couldn't guess. <3

Anyway that's all I wanted to say xD thanks for having me!!

Grew up in Southern WV, and like most kids began being a baseball fan about the age I could start playing (tee ball), and went to my first game at Riverfront Stadium during Pete Rose's player/manager days. Everyone seem to know Pete Rose at the time, so as a 6 year old, he automatically became my favorite player. So I was a Reds fan in claim only until a few more years passed and I was old enough to understand the game a little. Eric Davis became my favorite player then, and will always remain my favorite player to wear a Reds uniform. The only player to test that fandom, was Rob Dibble when he was part of the Nasty Boys trio. I guess I was kind of spoiled early on as we won the World Series in 1990.....followed by a decade of being competitive most years. As I became an adult and moved away from the region, I still followed the team from a distance, went to some spring training games, but over time my close following of the team diminished.

I am not sure of the reason, but I became very interested again last season. I think it may have had something to do with watching the headlines of us moving everything except Votto over recent years, I figured it would be a great time to jump back in with a bunch of young new Reds. Last year was fun watching some of the lineup develop, even though the pitching did not allow much winning. For that reason, I was extremely excited going into this season realizing the pitching should be improved, and if anything the lineup should be slightly improved. It goes without saying, I am not enjoying this season as expected. Still as bad as we have been this year, I am pretty sure I see some level of foundation for a good team in the near future.

Current favorite players....Luis Castillo, Scooter, Eugenio, Votto.....and anyone that helps the Reds win on a given day!

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-18-2019),Revering4Blue (04-18-2019)

I'm new here. Became a Reds fan in 1970 when my Dad was transferred to Cincy. Had been a Cardinals fan until then.I had just graduated high school. Got a job hawking beer at Riverfront that summer. Moved back to my hometown of Memphis after that season. Been a Reds fan ever since. Currently live in Coldwater, MS and watch or record every game.

22. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-17-2019),KronoRed (08-16-2019),NebraskaRed (08-16-2019),North (08-16-2019),Revering4Blue (08-20-2019),RiverRat13 (08-18-2019),Ron Madden (02-01-2020),Tom Servo (08-16-2019),WrongVerb (08-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?