Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redhat View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a Cards fan. Have been reading your message boards since 2000 when the Ken Griffey Jr. signing was announced. You have a great bunch of guys here. Knowledgable and erudite fans. I've finally registered because it looks like the Cards and Reds are going down to the wire this season and I just can't get enough baseball talk when the division race is this heated.

Looks like you have a very good young team here. Looking forward to the next two games and the rest of the season series.
    Welcome aboard redhat,you are more than welcome to come and talk with us on our site.I just got threw watching tonight's game and it was a must win imo b/c of Carpender tomarrow.I really hope the Reds can keep this going and give the Cards a run for the division.LOL us on top of the division or close to it is something I woas'nt expecting at all but im having a blast so far.It has been way to long for us to see our beloved reds acually having a good team that is fun to watch.I look forward to watching the Reds and Cards do battle for the division this year.

I don't know how you guys do it but every year the Cards have an outstanding team that is very very tough to beat.I guess thats what happens when you have great players,coachs and a manager that knows how to win.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hi, I'm a lifelong Reds fan. Have been following them since I was a teen, my birth year is not correct in my profile (shielding my identity because of ongoing divorce litigation). I first saw the Reds play sometime in the late 1980's when Eric Davis was there.

My uncle was the one that got me into the Reds, and now HE doesn't follow the game anymore. He says it's because of the lockouts and all the money in the game, which I can understand. It's a shame, really, because I know the Reds club so much better than he does, it's just sad to see a fan drop completely out of it like he did.

At any rate I am enjoying this year's bunch of guys, and I think they are better than the '99 bunch that got beat in that 1-game playoff against the Mets. I have gotten back into the OOTP computer baseball game, due to some inspiration from the guys here at Redszone (using all that metric jargon which I don't really fully understand). I'm hoping to put together a good team some time in OOTP by using stats other than .AVG and RBI.

Hi, Reds fan from Dayton here.

Attended first game in person in 1985 with my Grandpa. He's sick and in hospice at the Dayton VA now, but we talk about the Reds every day.

I was at the 76 WS in my Mom's belly. I was at game 2 of the 1990 WS as a 13 year old, green seats right behind home plate when Oliver knocked in the winning run.

I was at the 99 one game playoff in the yellow seats in RF. I hate Al Leiter. Bought a ticket and went by myself, I had just started my first job that year after college at Ohio University.

I go to 5-10 Reds games and 5-10 Dragons games with my wife/kids/guys from work.

Any time I travel for work I try and schedule it to catch an out of town game. I've seen games at:

Tiger Stadium
    Wrigley Field
    Shea Stadium
    Comerica Park
    Old Comiskey
    Turner Field
    Jacob's Field
    The BallPark at Arlington

I read the Major/Minor League boxscores every night. I like Twitter for baseball content only. I play Diamond Mind PC baseball and Action PC baseball.

I work in Mason as a Director selling technology solutions. Cisco/HP networking.
    Nice to be here. Found site through a Google search I believe.
    Last edited by powersackers; 06-08-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Is it too late to introduce myself? I joined this forum a week ago. I won't bore you guys with a biography of me, exept to say that my folks lived and died with baseball.

Mom an insane Cub fan that after brushing my hair would read me bedtime stories of Ty Cobb, Mathewson and Hack Wilson instead of the Brothers Grimm.

Daddy, from St. Louis would not speak to anyone after a Cardinal loss. (we spoke very little in the '70s) The only thing they had in common was an intense hatred of the A.L. and ALL things Yankee.

To this day I have never watched an A.L. game, and I cannot stomach another ASG!

I hope to add something to the Redzone. I'm a little exited to finally see a pennant race not involving the damn Astro's or sCRUBs, and the recent meltdown of the great Philly team has me giddy!

I guess that's all. Thanx for reading.
    Last edited by Magdal; 06-11-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: grammer

I'm not sure if I've posted here or not and am not about to go through 51 pages to find out.

Anyway, my name is John, I'm 68 and have been a Reds fan since the late 1940's. I've even seen several games at Crosley Field. I'm retired and watch every game on TV except for some of the ones on the West Coast. Us old guys need our sleep.(lol)

In my old age, I'm kind of laid back and don't get upset when they lose and don't jump up and down when they win. To me, it's just a game and someone wins and someone loses.

I visit this site daily and you can tell that I don't post very much but I'm a Reds fan for life.

HilliardRed

Hi Everyone,
    I am new to the site and i wanted to say that i am a lifelong REDS fan and i have been reading the posts here for a long time. Reds fans are the most loyal fans that i know. It will be fun chatting with all of you!!

GO REDS!!

Welcome all, you'll find this site to be quite informative, fun and interesting. I am not a big message board guy but this is one I have visited nearly every day since I joined, it just never loses it's luster for me and that is due to the quantity and quality of the posters here. But be prepared to have your baseball knowledge challenged at times, hopefully you all are up for that because you will here. Again welcome
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Hey guys...

Well I don't really know what to say but I'll give it a shot! Well I'm Ryan and I am 19 years old and I've lived in Lima/Elida (Ohio for those non-Ohioan fans) my whole life. I've followed baseball since I can remember but I didn't get into it until about 4 years ago back when it was Todd Coffey as the main relief man and the same main relief man who blew just about every game he pitched in, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, I'm an all around sports guy but I don't care much for NBA. Hockey is my main sport and I've been playing it for 15 years now. Hmm well I am a Christian. I don't really like to carry a denomination, I just strive to be more like Jesus Christ. I'm going to school in the backwoods of northeast Wisconsin to Northland International University majoring in Biblical Counseling.

Lastly for now, I'm excited to finally join what it seems to be a very solid, energetic Reds board. Hopefully GM Walt can put together a nice looking bullpen because even though it has struggled of late, the offense will come around and I truly think, no bias involved, that this Reds club could do some damage if they were to squeak in the playoffs. This isn't the NBA; MLB postseason is too unpredictable for the most part.

to Reds Country.

Hey guys. I've been lurking on this board forever, finally decided to start posting. I've been a Red's fan my whole life (25 year's old) and hopefully I'll have some good times on the board. GO REDS!

Hey Guys, I'm Nick. I'm twenty years old and I live between Dayton and Cincinnati, in a small town called Springboro. I have been browsing on this great site for about a month now and finally decide to join. I am entering my sophomore year at Bowling Green State University and currently majoring in Journalism. I am a huge Reds, Bengals, and UD Flyers fan. Like you all, I love sports and can't get enough of Summer baseball and football in the fall. On top of sports, I'm a Christian and I like to work out and read in my spare time. We got something going here and I'm glad to be a part of it and share it with my fellow Reds fans!

Welcome to the board, Nick!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Well, I thought I'd stop by to say hi! I am a long-time Chicago sports fan in the order mentioned in my signature. I came to create this alliance with you so that both of our fanbases can help each other out getting our guys into the all star game!

I think this site looks nice! How wicked would it be if we somehow made it against each other in the World Series (right now, we're only 1 game back in our division). I know FOX would hate it, but who really cares about them anyways? I'm so glad that your guys are holding down the Cubs real good...I am a lifelong Chicago southsider who might hate them even more than you guys (because I have to actually deal with them every day...it can cause one to scream).

Good luck the rest of the season, and hope that you make the postseason!

~Heather
    My 4 favorite teams in order:
    1. Chicago Blackhawks
    2. Chicago Bears
    3. Chicago White Sox
    4. Whomever the Cubs are playing

ChiSox, I don't think FOX would mind you guys in the Series. Chi-town's a big market. Now the Reds are another story...

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Hi everyone! My name is Jamie and I'm a Reds fanatic (obviously). No one else in my inner circle is as obsessed as I am, so I figured it was best to join a forum and shut my trap in public. LOL.

Either way, it's great to be here. Hope to meet you all soon!

Turn Off Ads?