Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

JoeyVotto

Re: Introductions Thread

Hello everyone! I have been a big fan of this message board for some time and have even registered under a couple different names in attempts to post...I finally read the "about us" section and am finally aware of why I couldn't post. Good job in keeping the site productive and useful!

I am from Ohio and am a very big fan. I'm about 2-3 hours away from the stadium and try to make it to about 6-8 games a year. Joey Votto is my favorite player. Last year, I went to a game and I had my 5 year old son with me. We had tremendous seats and we were just watching batting practice in awe when Joey came walking toward us. We wasn't yelling for him or standing in the autograph area, but he stopped, signed a ball, and handed it to my son. He immediatly became my favorite player.

Go Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

As a rookie I'm ready to carry some bat bags, serve beer on the team plane or whatever it is the vets ask to be accepted. A lifelong Reds fan, I attended Game 1 of the 1990 World Series, Tom Browning's Perfect Game and many other memorable games. After viewing the site and reading numerous posts I decided to join and offer my two cents. I look forward to the thoughtful discussion and appreciate what the originators of the site have done.
    Go Reds!

Hello everyone. I lived in Cincinnati for 34 years until moving to Tampa last year. I still religiously follow my Reds thanks to MLB E.I. and social media.

The main thing I miss is LaRosa's and Grippo's BBQ chips. Oddly enough, there is a Skyline Chili about 5 miles from me. It's fully decked out in Cincinnati area pro/college/high school apparel. Pretty cool.

Welcome. Are you also a Rays fan?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Hi. I'm new.

I think I'll mostly lurk a bit until I get the lay of the land here.

Jersey Guy

test
    Last edited by addictionsport; 08-03-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: want to delete post

Jersey Guy

Hello everyone I am a life long Reds fan. Great to be hanging with fellow Reds fans. Just looking to join in on the chatter. Thanks for letting me join.

P.S. Sorry about the previous post I was trying to delete it.

Hello everybody I've been a fan since 72. I went to the Reds vs Mets game at Citifield just before the Allstar break and took some pics of some of the Reds taking batting and fielding practice. I'll post them on here shortly.

patrickw

Hi, I am also a UK fan and a member over on a UK fan site (True Blue Kentucky) recommended this site for Reds talk. I've been a Reds fan ever since I moved here in 2006! I know it isn't that long of a time but I love watching the Reds and now is a great time to jump on the bandwagon (and never get off).

I am a new guy on Redzone as well. I just graduated from Wright State. I like to talk baseball so I figured this is the best site for that. I watch the Reds about every night and I am going to the Reds game tonight. I am looking for Cueto to have a big night.

I am glad to have finally signed on. I registered a couple of years ago but the website had issues that day so I never tried again until now.

I have been a Reds fan since 1975. Don't give up on winning the division this year. Maybe the butt kicking at the first of the week was what we needed. Also the Reds just happened to go against the Cardinals best pitchers, their 4 and 5 aren't nearly as good. There is a reason they can't pull away and we can't either.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Hello world. I am Reds fan. I'm too young to remember the Big Red Machine, but I got to see such "greats" as Mike Ivy, Dan Billardello, Paul Householder and Tom Lawless play as I was growing up in Reds' Country. I'm praying for October baseball...this is the best August of the century, and as McDonalds likes to say "I'm lovin' it".
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Welcome to all the newbies!

GreenDiamondOH

Hello All,

My name is Tim and I have also visited this board for a long time and finally decided to sign-up. There are always great opinions and comments on here, hopefully I can add something to the discussion. I've spent four seasons working in baseball (between Nationals and Reds) so I may have a different perspective which may be interesting to some.

I am also one of the people behind Green Diamond Gallery, the baseball museum in Montgomery. If you haven't heard of us take a look at our website, we have some amazing baseball history here and it is worth checking out!

Thanks for welcoming me to the board! Go Reds!

-Tim
    www.greendiamondgallery.com

I've spent four seasons working in baseball
    In what area?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?