Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Hi all, another Lexington Reds fan, followed the Big Red Machine from 1975 to early 80's, boycotted baseball after the WS was cancelled, began following the Reds again around 2006 thanks to the Fox Sports Ohio broadcasts. I've always been interested in the statistical analysis of baseball and participated on the old Strategy & Sabermetrics website with Tom Tango, MGL, Voros and others 10 or 12 years ago, no major contributions other than to convince several of them that replacement level, not league average, was the correct baseline for measuring player value. This was not my invention, I just argued effectively; only time in my life I can remember actually convincing someone to change their mind!
    Last edited by lex logan; 07-05-2011 at 04:48 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds fan from far NWTN/SWKY area. Been a fan since about '69-'70. Heard of this site from a member that posts on a UK site, that has a Reds thread. Looks like a great place for Reds and baseball talk. Look forward to discussing them with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Reds fan from far NWTN/SWKY area. Been a fan since about '69-'70. Heard of this site from a member that posts on a UK site, that has a Reds thread. Looks like a great place for Reds and baseball talk. Look forward to discussing them with everyone.
    Welcome! Best place to discuss Reds baseball. The most knowlegable fans I have ever been around. What UK site did you see this? I may know you from that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Welcome! Best place to discuss Reds baseball. The most knowlegable fans I have ever been around. What UK site did you see this? I may know you from that.
    You should know me from that. We have gone back and forth on some things. (CaliBunga)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

New user here -- grew up listening to the Reds on my transistor here in Northern Indiana -- always wanted to play like Vada Pinson -- we all need goals ;-)

Never stopped watching & listening -- getting to go to the WS in 1990 was certainly a highlight --

Will be lurking & dropping the odd post --
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    You should know me from that. We have gone back and forth on some things. (CaliBunga)
    Good to see you here. I thought that was you. You will enjoy it here.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

New poster here, excited to join the site. I've been a Reds fan for a long time. Kind of nervous being the new guy here as I see some have been here for a while. This is just the kind of site I've been looking for to talk Reds baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan39 View Post
    New poster here, excited to join the site. I've been a Reds fan for a long time. Kind of nervous being the new guy here as I see some have been here for a while. This is just the kind of site I've been looking for to talk Reds baseball.
    Welcome!
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Great find on this site... Love the Redlegs, and great to see all these fans talking Reds Baseball. From Bowling Green, KY and love to watch and follow the Reds. Looking forward to posting and reading.

Hey all.

I joined the site last August, but I've lurked since then. Finally decided to start posting in the middle of this trainwreck of a season.

I'm from Indianapolis and all of my Fraternity brothers when I was in college gave me hell (Cubs and Cards fans). Love lurking both the ORG and the Sun Deck... so, I'm gonna start putting in my 2 cents.

Hi there. Long time reds fan since the BRM days. I'm glad to have found this site and thank you for starting it up.

Grosso Machina Rosso!

"Hi. I'm new to Redszone and want to introduce myself.” Had to do that - sorry.

Fan since 1975, like many others, and found this while trying to find out why Pat Corrales was ejected today.

My first name is Doriano, first generation Italian immigrant, and look forward to enjoying my "membership".

Shalom!

just signed up a few days ago . i've been a reds fan for close to 40 years now .
    johnny bench till this day , is the best player i've ever seen . i wish i was old enough to have seen vada pinson , whom i've heard from other fans , was one of the fastest base runners ever to play the game .
    i'm still trying to respond to other posts but it deny's my try's .
    don't know why . look foward to reading all of your posts !!

Quote Originally Posted by t5BigRedMachine View Post
    i'm still trying to respond to other posts but it deny's my try's .
    don't know why .
    Please reread the About Us section you agreed to upon registration; if you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Turn Off Ads?