Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Joe View Post
    I'm new here. Became a Reds fan in 1970 when my Dad was transferred to Cincy. Had been a Cardinals fan until then.I had just graduated high school. Got a job hawking beer at Riverfront that summer. Moved back to my hometown of Memphis after that season. Been a Reds fan ever since. Currently live in Coldwater, MS and watch or record every game.
    Cool story Joe. Welcome here!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello everyone. Long-time lurker, hope I am able to add to the conversations.

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-26-2020),North (01-25-2020),Plus Plus (01-25-2020),Revering4Blue (01-26-2020),Ron Madden (02-01-2020),WrongVerb (01-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCat View Post
    Hello everyone. Long-time lurker, hope I am able to add to the conversations.
    Welcome to the fray. We're looking for a really nice yr from our Reds. By all means, come enjoy it with us and jump into the conversations.

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an English baseball fan who got into the sport through middle of the night broadcasts of MLB in the 90s, fell in love with the game itself and the history of it, the way the game is so different to any of our popular sports (eg drafting the young players rather than seeing the richest clubs sign them as 14 year olds) , and I've been following the Reds as best I can from the UK for several years now. While I consider myself pretty knowledgeable, it's not like I can really test that being from a country that doesn't really show any interest in baseball (people literally wear Yankees caps here without realising they're a sports team!), i'm mostly here to learn so go easy on me, but i think for an Englishman my knowledge of baseball is good enough to comment on it (I even understand WAR and OPS!) but we will see! Sadly my only experience of live baseball was the Red Sox-Yankees game in London (yes I know this was not a typical MLB game!)...Looking forward to learning from the experts, becoming more immersed and hopefully one day catching a game at Great American. Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy and looking forward to the season starting!

7. Likes:

919191 (06-24-2020),Boss-Hog (05-12-2020),cumberlandreds (05-13-2020),JaxRed (06-12-2021),marcshoe (05-19-2020),North (05-12-2020),OesterPoster (08-16-2022),Plus Plus (05-12-2020),redsmetz (06-11-2020),Revering4Blue (05-12-2020),RFS62 (05-22-2020),Ron Madden (05-23-2020),Roy Tucker (05-12-2020),westofyou (05-12-2020),WrongVerb (05-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an English baseball fan who got into the sport through middle of the night broadcasts of MLB in the 90s, fell in love with the game itself and the history of it, the way the game is so different to any of our popular sports (eg drafting the young players rather than seeing the richest clubs sign them as 14 year olds) , and I've been following the Reds as best I can from the UK for several years now. While I consider myself pretty knowledgeable, it's not like I can really test that being from a country that doesn't really show any interest in baseball (people literally wear Yankees caps here without realising they're a sports team!), i'm mostly here to learn so go easy on me, but i think for an Englishman my knowledge of baseball is good enough to comment on it (I even understand WAR and OPS!) but we will see! Sadly my only experience of live baseball was the Red Sox-Yankees game in London (yes I know this was not a typical MLB game!)...Looking forward to learning from the experts, becoming more immersed and hopefully one day catching a game at Great American. Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy and looking forward to the season starting!
    Awesome, it's a great sport with a lot to love on and off the field.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-13-2020),EnglishRed (05-12-2020),Ron Madden (04-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    I'm trying to recall if we have another British fan or if I'm just mistaking some one who has UK in their ID referencing the neighboring University of Kentucky.

Welcome!

That said, it seems to me when I try to do a quick search of "Reds" on Google, there's some English football club that pops up. Liverpool???
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Hey fellow Redleg fans! My name is Brian and I'm 30 yrs old. Me and the family usually attend 5-10 games a year at GABP and a game or two a year at Wrigley or STL. I'm married and have 3 great kids, 2 who are in their early 10's and a 2 yr old that is either going to keep me young or kill me..lol...Look forward to chatting some baseball and other topics!

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-14-2020),cumberlandreds (07-16-2020),Plus Plus (07-14-2020),Revering4Blue (07-13-2020),Ron Madden (07-13-2020),savafan (07-15-2020),WrongVerb (07-14-2020)

Yes this was a hard thing to square away given that I'm a Leeds United fan and we have the saying "Better dead than Red" in reference to Man Utd and Liverpool but the Reds were the team I fell for.

Glad to join. Thanks. I've linked your website for people to view and if they wish to join to my site which covers Reds, Ohio State, and many topics.
    http://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/thread-4775.html
    Last edited by zigbeenuthouse; 09-09-2020 at 01:11 PM.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-09-2020),Revering4Blue (09-09-2020),WrongVerb (09-09-2020)

Zigbee, thanks for sharing this Reds forum with everyone on your forum. It's good to be here.

What is up with Red Leg Nation???? Doug Gray acts like to post on his site you need to win his lottery. It's a joke there.

Hello fellow Reds Fans, My name is Dennis and just joined the forum. Born and raised in Cincy. Privileged to grow up in the era of the Big Red Machine. Johnny Bench is my all-time favorite Red. After a 21 year career in the Air Force settled down in the St Louis area. I hate the Cardinals!! Up or down I'll always be a Reds fan no matter what. Hoping to see one more World Series title before my days are over. I can dream anyway.

19. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-15-2022),cumberlandreds (04-15-2022),NebraskaRed (04-24-2022),Plus Plus (04-15-2022),Revering4Blue (04-15-2022),Ron Madden (04-23-2022),WrongVerb (04-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm trying to recall if we have another British fan or if I'm just mistaking some one who has UK in their ID referencing the neighboring University of Kentucky.

Welcome!

That said, it seems to me when I try to do a quick search of "Reds" on Google, there's some English football club that pops up. Liverpool???
    There is only one UK, and that is the University of Kentucky. Don't you boys forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Deepee57 View Post
    Hello fellow Reds Fans, My name is Dennis and just joined the forum. Born and raised in Cincy. Privileged to grow up in the era of the Big Red Machine. Johnny Bench is my all-time favorite Red. After a 21 year career in the Air Force settled down in the St Louis area. I hate the Cardinals!! Up or down I'll always be a Reds fan no matter what. Hoping to see one more World Series title before my days are over. I can dream anyway.
    Welcome aboard. Gonna be a tough year but once a Red , always a Red.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-21-2022)

Hi Everyone - thought I'd finally introduce myself... lurked for quite a while. I'm 30 and I grew up in NKY. Looking forward to discussing baseball and learn something new from you all.

I'm also on the Bengals board as QueenCity and the UK Rupp Rafters board as DraftCat
    “As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.”
    -- Ken Griffey, Jr.

24. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-01-2022),cumberlandreds (08-07-2022),Revering4Blue (07-30-2022)

Turn Off Ads?