Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 7-8-07 Rojolegos vs El Snakeos

Re: 7-8-07 Rojolegos vs El Snakeos

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd have made him player-manager for the remainder of this season, but thats more because I think its the kind of shakeup that franchises need from time to time.
    That's what I wanted. I got laughed out of a bar for saying that.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I think its probably worth it to take Dunn and Griff out of the (offensive) game.
    Almost every manager does something like that with Barry Bonds (which I guess doesn't make it right).

If you can get them out a couple of times on tough pitches (besides the walks) or limit them to singles, its probably worth it.

For a young pitcher like Petit, it seems like a great game plan.
    this is a common baseball practice and in the case of Bonds, I think it's a good idea. He'd never see a pitch to hit I was a manager for several reasons. The truth is MacNarron (clever, oneupper) didn't realize that even though Phillips is hitting the ball well, he isn't perceived as being the threat Griffey and dunn are. He's impatient and a hacker and that makes him an easier out. Putting him in between Griffey and Dunn makes it an easy decision for the opposing manager, which you've pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    New Manager.

New Attitude.

New Results.

This game is played between the ears.

The REDS were not as bad as the leadership of Narron had them playing.
    I really, really think that this quote pretty much sums up what was wrong with this team. As I watched the Reds earlier in the year FIND ways to lose and completely suck in the clutch, you've gotta assume that a lot of it was in their heads/psychological.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I really, really think that this quote pretty much sums up what was wrong with this team. As I watched the Reds earlier in the year FIND ways to lose and completely suck in the clutch, you've gotta assume that a lot of it was in their heads/psychological.
    I'd more attribute it to a long season where things tend to balance over the course of the year. They still blew a 2 run lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the ninth without a homer being hit. That's same old same old to me, they just happened to get the first run in extra innings this time.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'd more attribute it to a long season where things tend to balance over the course of the year. They still blew a 2 run lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the ninth without a homer being hit. That's same old same old to me, they just happened to get the first run in extra innings this time.
    That was my first thought. After reflection on that thought, though, I think that the new administration is managing the pitching staff better and Pete is learning who and who not to trust. We'll give a grade in October.

Turn Off Ads?