The all...awful lineup?
    Go Gators!

Re: 7/14/07 Reds Vs. Mets

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The all...awful lineup?
    Best lineup ever.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Freel and Hopper battling each other for the OPS crown.

Freel at .661 Hopper at .652.
    Hey at least they are above the "Castro Line" (.600).

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The all...awful lineup?
    Not a whole lot you can do when you have a 24 man roster (why put Gonzalez on bereavement if you don't get someone else? Then again - looking at the 40, and the Reds are out of healthy MIF) and your bench consists of 2 worthless spare C's, 1 1B (only), a rookie SS/3B, and an OF.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Phillips does the sideways cat walk thing as he runs around the bases. What's that all about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    He said he drops the shoulder and has him arm hang down for his homies back home, but most pitchers don't like it and often buzz him the next time up, but he doesn't care.
    Stylin' and profilin', brutha!

You look at Mack's comments after Belisle's last outing, and forcing him to work with Valentin could be a way of trying to force him to become a more dominating pitcher and not use Ross like a crutch. If he want's Belisle to become the pitcher this organization thinks he can be it might be the type of psychology that Mackanin is using to make Belisle a better pitcher.

You've got to like the results.
    Nice performance by Belisle/Valentin working together.
    Didn't Belisle play for the Puero Rican Winter League team that Javier and Jose Valentin own (and play for)? If so, then he would probably have a lot of experience working with Javy.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Didn't Belisle play for the Puero Rican Winter League team that Javier and Jose Valentin own (and play for)? If so, then he would probably have a lot of experience working with Javy.
    Belisle pitched in 8 games for Manatí, starting five. 32 IP ERA 2.53.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I was at the game last night, and I never had the sense the Reds were going to win the game. Especially when Stanton came in the game. Question for those watching on TV...should Dunn have caught Green's "double" or at least been able to keep him to a single. I didn't have a good angle on the play at all at the stadium. (Shea is a dump and has absolutely horrid sightlines from some parts of the stadium.)

But right off the bat, I had to figure EE was injured because he's not starting v. the lefty. Right? And in the 9th, down by one, why PH Keppinger v. the lefty when EE is a RH bat w/some power.

It's just utter frustration watching this team. Then, to add to the insult, driving home I'm listening to Mets fans whine about their first place team because they didn't win by enough against the 'woeful Reds' and the 'horrid Belisle'. Ugh.

I'm going again today, but I'm not sure why. This roster has too many players that would probably not be on a major league roster if the Reds let them go.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Question for those watching on TV...should Dunn have caught Green's "double" or at least been able to keep him to a single.
    It was a tough play. A fast LF might have caught it. I thought Dunn had a pretty good jump on the ball. The problem was that when Dunn slid he kicked the ball away. If the ball stays in front of him, Green stays at first. The ball was not hit well at all (nor was the Milledge RBI single.).

Otherwise, I had the same impression. Never thought the REDS would win. The offense was totally absent. Game could have gone 15 innings and I doubt the REDS would have scored again.

In previous years, they would go against Glavine and get his pitch count up quickly. Last night is was hack, hack, hack.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    It was a tough play. A fast LF might have caught it. I thought Dunn had a pretty good jump on the ball. The problem was that when Dunn slid he kicked the ball away. If the ball stays in front of him, Green stays at first. The ball was not hit well at all (nor was the Milledge RBI single.).

Otherwise, I had the same impression. Never thought the REDS would win. The offense was totally absent. Game could have gone 15 innings and I doubt the REDS would have scored again.

In previous years, they would go against Glavine and get his pitch count up quickly. Last night is was hack, hack, hack.
    At least BP was hacking and making solid contact. That HR was a shot, because even in batting practice you could tell that balls hit to the OF were just dying. A lot of Mets fans were asking me "who is that guy." And of course the obligatory "we'll just sign him as a free agent when the Reds can't afford to keep him anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    Beltran looks terrible. Wright is only hitting low stuff. He just stuck out on a high fastball!
    If Wright was on the Reds, he'd be benched for Freel.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    If Wright was on the Reds, he'd be benched for Freel.
    I don't believe that for a minute.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?