Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 07.15.2007 Reds Vs. Mets

Re: 07.15.2007 Reds Vs. Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Lopez is a rookie.
    Sorry, I meant Castro.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wright singles to left.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    There isn't a manager in baseball who wouldn't lead off Ryan Freel and his lifetime .360 OBP were he to be in their starting lineup on any given day. So why don't you give us a break.
    Why don't you look at his recent statistics? And, I don't appreciate you constantly talking down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    You're right. My view has changed on WK. Conine and Lopez not being released for ineffectiveness. Other franchises release in May and June agining veterans that don't disprove that their being signed was a good idea. Middle of July and we still pay them money to play. Other franchises give guys in AAA, even guys with OPS of .650-.750 a chance over geriatrics that can't swing a bat. Conine is 3-30. He's a bum. Castro is a bum.

Selling Harris for cash was as boneheaded of a move as you can make. I thought Harris was the 2nd best player in the trade, and we gave him away for nothing. I hated the choice of Morasco in the 1st Round and I didn't like the 2nd pick (supplemental pick), so in the last 15 months, I think Krivsky has been atrocious, except for Hamilton.

Oh, yeah. Letting the season completely tank itself before firing Narron. Why fire him at all if you're going to wait until the season is ruined? If he was bad enough to fire in July, why couldn't he recognize that and fire him in May or June when it might have mattered?

Most of these mistakes were made at the beginning of the year. It's not like Conine/Castro have done much worse than anyone really thought.

Delgado walks on 4 pitches. 1st and 2nd.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Lohse putting his feet to the fire in this inning...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Most of these mistakes were made at the beginning of the year. It's not like Conine/Castro have done much worse than anyone really thought.
    Yep. Krivsky's issues aren't completely centered around who he doesn't release. It's more about acquiring them to begin with.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Here we go....

Castro with a ground rule double to center. 1-0 Mets. 2nd and 3rd.

Ground rule double scores Wright. Runners at 2nd and 3rd.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

BP's got hops.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Lohse is lucky that ball bounced over the wall...

Newhan lines out to 2nd. Good catch by Phillips.

Bad Kyle back a start early. That play by Phillips and the CS in the 1st have saved him from being blown out.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Bad Kyle made the plane trip to New York

Turn Off Ads?