Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saarlos to Louisville, Santos Called Up

Saarlos to Louisville, Santos Called Up

Santos....Unbelievable

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saarlos to Louisville, Santos Called Up

Ok im all about fire wayne now. Guy can not make a move that doesnt make everyone in Cincinnati upset

Santos? Ugh.

How about bringing up Dumatrait or Cueto & moving Belisle to the bullpen? How about bringing up Bray, Majewski or a pitching machine...anyone but Santos?

trade trash for trash. I'm actually stunned that it wasn't Bray.

What exactly did Brad Salmon do to piss off Wayne?
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

I would rather have Santos than Saarloos, but surely the Reds have other options here. Bray has not pitched well in the minors this year and hasn't pitched well in the majors in the past. Majeswki has shown he is not the answer. I say try Dumatrait. Bring him up and have him start games. Put Belisle in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I would rather have Santos than Saarloos
    I dont think anyone would disagree with that statement :obrien:

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Bray has not pitched well in the minors this year .
    Have you seen Bray pitch in the minors this year? I know he has an era of 4.97 in LOU, but that is because of 2 bad outings. He also has 21 K's in 12.2 IP's. This is also like spring training for him, he hasn't pitched in a couple of months. Give the guy a break. Bray is alot better option than Santos or Saarloos.

I'm not too familiar with Dumatrait. His numbers look kinda interesting and he was an INT Mid-Season All Star.

I'm wondering if these stats worry the front office:

ERA bases empty: .060
    ERA runners on: 6.44
    ERA RISP: 10.74
    (*Feel free to correct me if I'm reading his stats incorrectly.)

Santos' numbers in AAA are kinda odd. His ERA is much worse when he's ahead in the count or bases empty. His ERA with runners on is 1.17 and with RISP, it's 1.80.

Now if that would just translate over to the big leagues, he'd be a welcome addition to the bullpen. I realize that just hasn't been the case this year. But who knows...maybe he'll accomplish something this time.

Quote Originally Posted by eastkyred View Post
    Have you seen Bray pitch in the minors this year? I know he has an era of 4.97 in LOU, but that is because of 2 bad outings. He also has 21 K's in 12.2 IP's. This is also like spring training for him, he hasn't pitched in a couple of months. Give the guy a break. Bray is alot better option than Santos or Saarloos.
    I thought that was interesting, too. Bray's numbers look pretty good if you take out those 2 games. (I suppose that would apply to a lot of relievers, as well.) I really like Bray's K/BB ratio and the fact that he hasn't give up a HR all year.
    Last edited by durl; 07-27-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I'm not too familiar with Dumatrait. His numbers look kinda interesting and he was an INT Mid-Season All Star.

Santos' numbers in AAA are kinda odd. His ERA is much worse when he's ahead in the count or bases empty. His ERA with runners on is 1.17 and with RISP, it's 1.80.

Now if that would just translate over to the big leagues, he'd be a welcome addition to the bullpen. I realize that just hasn't been the case this year. But who knows...maybe he'll accomplish something this time.
    Clearly management doesnt care about those stats much. They keep running the same people out there in situations they have the most trouble in.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post

LOL most misleading stats I've ever seen. Of course a pitcher's ERA goes up with men on base! Batting Average is a much better meter of how a pitcher pitches with runners on. A .60 ERA with runners not on base looks sweet, until you realize that the only way to give up an Earned run with no one on is a solo home run. Not a bad home run ratio though....

The sad part is I fear Saarlos will be back up with Reds at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    LOL most misleading stats I've ever seen. Of course a pitcher's ERA goes up with men on base! Batting Average is a much better meter of how a pitcher pitches with runners on. A .60 ERA with runners not on base looks sweet, until you realize that the only way to give up an Earned run with no one on is a solo home run. Not a bad home run ratio though....
    You missed the 2nd part of his post :o

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    The sad part is I fear Saarlos will be back up with Reds at some point.
    yea no doubt about that one. Who did we give up for Saarlos in his trade?

David Shafer luckily he isnt doing too good either

Turn Off Ads?