Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 8/11/07 - Reds vs Padres Game Thread

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: 8/11/07 - Reds vs Padres Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Observations from GABP.

The Pads are NOT shy about the IBB.

It's nice to see someone elses bullpen suck.

Kepp had a very nice game. Let's not anoint him the next big thing, but he had a heck of a game.

Javy is slow.

It was nice to see the Reds getting some luck from balls scooting just out of reach, dribbling out of gloves, etc.

Nice that Livingston pitches fast. That was the quickest game we've been to in a long time. Seemed like my father and I were in a rut of really long and slow games for a while.
    I was there tonight, too and I agree with just about everything you posted. I didn't notice that Javy was slow, but I think I missed one of his ABs while I was in line for the Dippin' Dots my son requested.

I sat in RF and was impressed with the outfield defense. Griffey, Dunn, and especially Hopper made some great catches out there. It's nice to see the OF defense clicking on all of its cylinders.

Bray's form looked bad and the Padres hit his pitches hard. I posted in the Bray transaction thread that it looked like he was overthrowing everything. I'd love for Bray to do well, to help tip the scales on The Trade, but it's hard to be optimistic for his chances after what I saw tonight.

I don't think I've ever been to a game with so many intentional walks. It worked the first time, but SD pressed their luck too many times and it backfired.

I was not impressed with Khalil Greene in the field. He muffed at least 2 routine plays.

And Keppinger sure was a breath of fresh air. He might make another infielder expendable if he can sustain that performance. I'll settle for that if I shouldn't anoint him.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 08-11-2007 at 10:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Keppinger makes Juan Castro and the like expendable, and that is a very good thing
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I was there tonight, too and I agree with just about everything you posted. I didn't notice that Javy was slow, but I think I missed one of his ABs while I was in line for the Dippin' Dots my son requested.

And Keppinger sure was a breath of fresh air. He might make another infielder expendable if he can sustain that performance. I'll settle for that if I shouldn't anoint him.
    I just just goofing on Javy being slow. I mean, he's as fast as a glacier but he didn't do anything especially slow today. Just his normal level of slow.

Seems like Kep could be a nice guy to have as a utility guy. Especially if he can continue to hit for average (although it's way to early to tell...so far so good however). He'd be a great addition to the bench and could be a stop gap guy if Edwin is traded or doesn't pan out (and I don't want him traded and think he'll be fine).

I just threw the bit about "lets not annoint him" as a prevent defense against people accusing me of over-reacting to one good game and was saying he was da bomb.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Keppinger makes Juan Castro and the like expendable, and that is a very good thing
    I could make Juan Castro expendable....and my baseball skills are probably unwatchable

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Observations from GABP.

The Pads are NOT shy about the IBB.

It's nice to see someone elses bullpen suck.

Kepp had a very nice game. Let's not anoint him the next big thing, but he had a heck of a game.

Javy is slow.

It was nice to see the Reds getting some luck from balls scooting just out of reach, dribbling out of gloves, etc.

Nice that Livingston pitches fast. That was the quickest game we've been to in a long time. Seemed like my father and I were in a rut of really long and slow games for a while.
    I would add the observation that livingston was TICKED when he was pulled. Looks like he really wanted the CG. I'm glad Mackinin stuck to it though.

I'm 7-2 at my Reds games this year. Inordinately lucky.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I would add the observation that livingston was TICKED when he was pulled. Looks like he really wanted the CG. I'm glad Mackinin stuck to it though.

I'm 7-2 at my Reds games this year. Inordinately lucky.
    You and me both. I'm 8-3. (My last game was the 1-0 win vs. the Dodgers.)

8-1 in games not started by Eric Milton!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?