Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 8/18/07 vs Brewskies

Re: 8/18/07 vs Brewskies

I'm sickened by watching Eddie get pounded. It's unwatchable to see him now knowing what a warrior he once was...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

You have to wonder why Bray was ignored tonight. We were close and they bring in Stanton with the inevitable result. then bring in Eddie, who simply is not ready (if he ever will be). The result is giving a game away.

I wonder if Krivsky (as rumored) is demanding Stanton get in so many games and Eddie too?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm sickened by watching Eddie get pounded. It's unwatchable to see him now knowing what a warrior he once was...
    Eddie is probably done. and Stanton is too, but we've got another year of him which we will apparently honor. The legacy of Wayne Krivsky is bringing low-grade stew beef to town and selling it as filet minon and then giving the stew beef a LTC.

And like you, I don't like to see anyone struggle like this when they were so good at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Eddie is probably done. and Stanton is too, but we've got another year of him which we will apparently honor. The legacy of Wayne Krivsky is bringing low-grade stew beef to town and selling it as filet minon and then giving the stew beef a LTC.

And like you, I don't like to see anyone struggle like this when they were so good at one time.
    Eddie was done before the Reds acquired him last year. I so wished he was going to retire during the off season.

He's one guy that I don't want to remember as the butt of jokes.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Guardado's ERA actually went down

In both of the Reds losses this week, the bullpen should be arrested for arson. They came into perfectly close ballgames and torched the place with their rag arms.

And I know they have to put someone out there to throw the ball, but there is no good reason that Mike Stanton should be on the mound in anything but a blowout game. In both of the aforementioned games, he was in the middle of things getting out of hand. Eat the contract, Cast.

Wayne needs to take the bad options away from Mack.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    You have to wonder why Bray was ignored tonight. We were close and they bring in Stanton with the inevitable result. then bring in Eddie, who simply is not ready (if he ever will be). The result is giving a game away.

I wonder if Krivsky (as rumored) is demanding Stanton get in so many games and Eddie too?
    I think MacKanin is saving Bray/Burton/Weathers for games where we are ahead or tied, and the others for games we are losing....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Wayne needs to take the bad options away from Mack.
    My accusation, though it will never be admitted nor believed, is that Wayne is giving Mac the order to use these guys. That is, unless I'm completely misjudging Mack. He just seems like a guy who wouldn't continue to put guys in he knows will fail. Looks like Krivsky handiwork to me.

Tonight, Mack used Stanton, Majewski, and Guardado--all Krivsky aquisitions while leaving better relievers in the bullpen. The result was 3 innings where the trio (and to be fair, Gary had a good inning) if 7-hit, 5-run ball (ERA of 15.00). Why? Mack has seen Stanton too many times and Eddie lately. Why would you do that unless you're forced to?

I don't know the answer, but I've got a sneaking suspicion on why.

I missed the game tonight because I had to go to a wedding. I set the VCR to record the game; however, it malfunctioned, and I didn't get it. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Evidently the Lizard King pitched OK, though.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?