Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 8/23/07 - Reds vs. Braves - Game Thread

Re: 8/23/07 - Reds vs. Braves - Game Thread

Dunn left the team clubhouse following the game before speaking with print media
    not a big deal but I am guessing Fay didn't like it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, how does baseball reference deal with 1994? He's still a year short of 15
    Some people might count 1994 because he was on the major-league club's DL. He didn't play but he was still attached to the club racking up service time. Just a matter of how someone wants to define it, I guess.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I noticed in this morning's paper that Fay said Dunn left without talking to reporters. My guess, and it's only that, is that he wasn't terribly anxious to talk to folks who were going ask why he was such a bum for striking out three times.
    Good. I don't think he owes them anything. With the way people treat him because he isn't perfect, I could understand why he would get out of there.

"How's it feel to hit the game winner after striking out three times tonight?"

Keep in mind he also has a wife and little baby to take care of. The game ended late too. I have no idea if his family lives in town, but he might have been itching to get home, and that is why he hit the walk off to get out of there!

Dunn being great rules because 1. it helps the Reds and 2. it ticks off dumb people.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The NL West teams have hit the skids recently so you make a good point.

These sure aren't the Braves of old, are they? Excellent lineup and bench but very little pitching. Outside of Smoltz and Hudson, there is precious little pitching on that team. The Reds hitters looked awfully comfortable the entire series after Hudson left.
    I think we have one of the best lineups in baseball right now.

We can put up 7-8 runs against most pitchers right now.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

That was disingenuous for Fay to say. Dunn talked to thousands of fans by agreeing to a TV interview on FSN after the game. He gave his interview it just wasn't to Fay.

Interesting. I didn't know Fay was so into himself, but Flyer's reprint of "print media" is a very different meaning. Sounds like he was more apologetic to readers as to why he couldn't get more information for them.
    Last edited by Eric_Davis; 08-24-2007 at 03:17 PM.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Keep in mind he also has a wife and little baby to take care of. The game ended late too. I have no idea if his family lives in town, but he might have been itching to get home, and that is why he hit the walk off to get out of there!
    He's got that kind of ability.

"Dang it. I'm ending this thing right now. I want to go home."

Turn Off Ads?