Uggla 2b
    Cabrera 3b
    Jacobs 1b
    Willingham lf
    Hermida rf
    Treanor c
    De Aza cf
    Willis p
    Last edited by BRM; 08-24-2007 at 05:32 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/24/07 - Reds vs. Marlins - Game Thread

Did C. Trent post the wrong pitcher or did Harang get his start pushed back?

What, the last two days were so successful, that Dunn & Hamilton had to be benched? What team throws out "Friday Specials"? On a day that YOUR BEST PITCHER IS PITCHING?

Egads. I'll say something here, I said somewhere else. The Reds remind me of Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. Their managerial ways and customs confuse and frighten me.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    What, the last two days were so successful, that Dunn & Hamilton had to be benched? What team throws out "Friday Specials"? On a day that YOUR BEST PITCHER IS PITCHING?

Egads. I'll say something here, I said somewhere else. The Reds remind me of Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. Their managerial ways and customs confuse and frighten me.
    Dunn is 0 for 10 with 5 Ks against Willis.
    I was hoping they would consider Keppinger in left and Gonzalez at shortstop for tonights game. Now Im hoping Ellison looks better at the plate than his previous at bats since joining the Reds.

Now Im hoping Ellison looks better at the plate than his previous at bats since joining the Reds.
    He's a better hitter than what he's shown. You can't expect much when a guy rarely gets up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Belisle is their best pitcher?

That is a lovely lineup. If only Mark Bellhorn was in it it would be perfect.

Good Grief.

They'll score 19
    Go Gators!

Dunn was due for a day off, especially with all the hot weather. Giving him the day off a after a 99 degree day and 12 innings against a tough lefty seems like a good idea. I would have sat Jr and left Hamilton in the lineup ... Pete needs to take every decent opportunity to save his legs, his HR power has gone south over the last 6 weeks.

The disappointing part is seeing Ellison out there, there is no reason for that.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-24-2007 at 04:21 PM.

The disappointing part is seeing Ellison out there, there is no reason for that.
    Disagree. If you want quality pinch hitting ABs out of your bench players, they need an occasional start. Willis's L-R splits are outrageous -- tonight's a good night to get as many righties in the lineup as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Disagree. If you want quality pinch hitting ABs out of your bench players, they need an occasional start. Willis's L-R splits are outrageous -- tonight's a good night to get as many righties in the lineup as possible.
    for ellison, quality hitting is an oxymoron. He is worthless at the plate, that's why he never played in Seattle.

so I'm thinking a 14-12 type game tonight?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I don't care if the opposing pitcher pitches with his feet....Josh Hamilton needs to face them all....

Oh, and the guys who people pay to see, which includes Dunn and Hamilton, I would say...shouldn't sit AT HOME, barring extenuating circumstances

Oh, and the guys who people pay to see, which includes Dunn and Hamilton, I would say...shouldn't sit AT HOME, barring extenuating circumstances
    A manager can't manage that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    A manager can't manage that way.
    No. Probably not...but he can put the best lineup on the field.

Maybe the heat is wearing some of these guys down, and I get that, but Dunn AND Hamilton sitting at the same time doesn't make the team better....I don't mind Hopper (he obviously isn't the power threat the other two are), but Elison does nothing for me.....

Which means tonight he'll hit a homer.

They're also off on Monday.

I guess I won't nit-pick...this team somehow, someway, keeps finding ways to get it done as of late....keep it up!!

Turn Off Ads?