Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 8.26.2007 Marlins @ Reds - Game Thread

Re: 8.26.2007 Marlins @ Reds - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I see the Reds misspelled Jorgensen's name on his jersey as photographed on p C7 of today's Enquirer. How does that happen?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Actually the Reds do not handle uniforms in that way any longer. George Grande explained yesterday that Majestic does all of that now, and that the Stowe family was able to fix it for him mid game, once the mistake was realized.
    But he's been with the team for a few weeks now. Was it misspelled before yesterday or did Majestic just decide to change the spelling for yesterday's game?

Whatever. If he hits that way in that uniform maybe they should keep it on him

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    But he's been with the team for a few weeks now. Was it misspelled before yesterday or did Majestic just decide to change the spelling for yesterday's game?

Whatever. If he hits that way in that uniform maybe they should keep it on him
    Good question, but it was the red Sunday home uniform; maybe it was the first time he had worn it? That's my guess.

And why would Majestic spell his name right on the home and away uni, but not on the Sunday red one?

Great pic of Harang with Cincinnati spelled wrong; or is the "i" hidden in a fold of the jersey??

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post

Great pic of Harang with Cincinnati spelled wrong; or is the "i" hidden in a fold of the jersey??
    Doesn't appear to be.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Doesn't appear to be.
    No, it wasn't; here's what I could find on it...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=318756

Can we buy a vowel

The first "I" in "Cincinnati?" was missing on the uniform front of pitcher Aaron Harang during a game last week at St. Louis.

Harang finally switched to a different jersey, but not until after the Cardinals scored three runs en route to a 5-1 victory.

"That's the last time I wear that jersey," Harang told the Dayton Daily News.

Harang wore the same jersey for the first four days of this trip, but wore a jacket on top of it so nobody noticed.

"After the first inning, I came to the dugout and saw (pitchers) Paul Wilson and Eric Milton looking at me funny," Harang said.

"What up with that?" Wilson said.

"What?" said Harang.

"Your jersey."

Said Harang: "I thought I spilled something on it but Paul said, 'Cincinnati is spelled wrong.

Reds equipment manager Rick Stowe took the brunt of the abuse, especially because the game was televised. "The clubhouse guy from Arizona called me and said, 'What kindergarten did you fail?' " Stowe told the Daily News. "I always check the back of the jerseys for the players' names, but never thought about the front."

Turn Off Ads?