Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8/28/07 - Reds vs Pirates(Game 1) - Game Thread

Porkchop Sandwiches

Re: 8/28/07 - Reds vs Pirates(Game 1) - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    MY question re: Hopper is this: does he bunt so much because no one's figured out how to stop it, or does he bunt so much because he doesn't hit so well?
    A little bit from column A, and a little bit from column B, although I think word has gotten out about how to stop him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BTW, Dunn is 7-21 off of Grabow in his career ... but I'm sure Ellison is better. Hell I'd play him the next game

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Pure and simple Dunn should have hit for Ellison right there.
    Absolutely. The big guy isn't that tired and batting Ellison there was criminal.

this has been Narronesque
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

And Tracy's managing this one like game 7 of the World Series. He's going to burn his whole bullpen before this one is over.

Pete has been taken to school by Tracy this game ... he has won every matchup.

Pete has been taken to school by Tracy this game ... he has won every matchup.
    {cough} experience {cough}

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And Tracy's managing this one like game 7 of the World Series. He's going to burn his whole bullpen before this one is over.
    at this point you do what you have to win and worry about the next game when it happens. Maybe Tracy won't need his pen next game.

Eddie G.???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Eddie G.???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Ah, Wayne's World. Have to have "my" players in there.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    {cough} experience {cough}
    Pete went to Hatty vs grabow(win Tracy), because a lefty was on the mound Pete stayed with Ellison(win Tracy), save marte for Jr(win Tracy) and now has Capps and Pete has his order constructed so Dunn won't bat until the 5th hitter.(win Tracy).

Izturis flies to left; one down.

(fingers crossed...)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

so Narronesque because Jerry was always saving something for events that never happened. Pete has his chance to get to the plate as the go ahead run and maybe get him a 2nd AB against Capps in the 9th ... and he passed.

so Narronesque because Jerry was always saving something for events that never happened. Pete has his chance to get to the plate as the go ahead run and maybe get him a 2nd AB against Capps in the 9th ... and he passed.
    You must be very frustrated, because there are going to be a lot of games during a season where you hold someone back for a later situation that may never occur. Not exactly a realistic expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    You must be very frustrated, because there are going to be a lot of games during a season where you hold someone back for a later situation that may never occur. Not exactly a realistic expectation.
    You take the opportunity when it presents itself(doesn't matter the inning), otherwise you end up like Jerry. I remember a game last year when Wedge caught Narron with his pants down by sending up Hafner in the 4th with the bases loaded. It was the decisive AB in the game and it was the 4th. You take the opportunities when they come, it is as simple as that.

BTW, Pete won't send up Dunn until Ellison anyway, he wasted an AB on Ellision that he should not have. Dunn may bat in the 9th but he could have hit in the 7th and 9th.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-28-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Phillips leads off with a single and now Hatteberg's up. Hopefully Hatteberg is able to reach base safely, though the potential double play is always a problem.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

We couldn't get the 2-out RBI this afternoon.

0-6 w/ RISP and 2 outs. 7 runners left in scoring position with 2 outs.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?