Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/29/2007 Reds vs Buccos

Re: 8/29/2007 Reds vs Buccos

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Yeah, maybe their own writers will show him some love in the Cy Young vote this year.

When's the last time the REDS had a guy 14-3?

Gullett in '76, Maybe?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Yeah, maybe their own writers will show him some love in the Cy Young vote this year.
    No kidding. The writers, along with many other people, just seemingly ignore Harang more often than not.

Maybe one of these days the casual fan base will start to notice what caliber pitcher Harang is nowadays too. I think I can count on one hand the number of Harang jerseys/shirts I've seen in the GABP seats.

Those Ryan Freel jerseys are everywhere though.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    No kidding. The writers, along with many other people, just seemingly ignore Harang more often than not.

Maybe one of these days the casual fan base will start to notice what caliber pitcher Harang is nowadays too. I think I can count on one hand the number of Harang jerseys/shirts I've seen in the GABP seats.

Who needs a quality start when you can see a guy dive headfirst into the 8th row of the stands?

Until Webb had the scoreless inning streak, how many people knew he won the Cy Young Award last year?

You just don't get noticed on last place teams, or bad teams, however you want to say it.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

He's doesn't hustle, wear his socks high or call attention to himself which accounts for the lack of love. If the writers don't vote for him this year, there is no hope. That said, they'll probably vote for Penny anyway.

Now we see Dunn hitting a lefty totally destroying Mac's argument about hitting lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    When's the last time the REDS had a guy 14-3?

Gullett in '76, Maybe?
    1981 Terrific Tom Seaver goes 14-2 and gets hosed out of the Cy Young by a guy 13-7. Pfffft.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Look at the bottom of the order tonight?

With Ellison and/or Ross in there, the difference would be noticable. Now, there's just one sure out in Harang.

Need to know.

Is he OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Look at the bottom of the order tonight?

With Ellison and/or Ross in there, the difference would be noticable. Now, there's just one sure out in Harang.
    Exactly. Ross and Ellison are as close to sure outs as there is in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    1981 Terrific Tom Seaver goes 14-2 and gets hosed out of the Cy Young by a guy 13-7. Pfffft.
    Probably some stupid Dodger.

Looks like the pitch slightly clipped Harang's right arm, underneath the forearm near the elbow. He's staying in the game and is on base now so he looks to be good to go.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

One more at-bat for Hamilton vs a Lefty and one more bit of experience that costs the team nothing.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Harang....70 pitches

Harang appears to be OK. Now at 73 pitches with one out in the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Had to look it up.

Thought it was the hype of Fernando Mania that stole the award from Seaver.

Fernando had a good first 2 months, then he was average the rest of the year after people got used to him.

Seaver (and the REDS) were robbed.

I still HATE the Dodgers.

Turn Off Ads?