Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 9/7 vs the Brew Crew

Re: 9/7 vs the Brew Crew

Fun to watch the boys beat up on someone else for a change. Bronson was deceptive tonight. He wasn't totally overpowering, but he kept them from getting hits and getting on base much. All of a sudden he was out of the game only having given up 2 runs and a handfull of hits.

Couple of nice plays, Votto snaring a line drive and EE had two really, really good catches.

Best of all, my father snagged a foul ball off of Johnny Estrada. Always like the souvineers. Actually, it was impressive. The ball hit right in front of a lady two seats down and it shot off to the left. I flailed at it like a drunken, wounded goose. My 65 year old father deftly grabbed it and handed it to me. Soft hands indeed.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-07-2007 at 10:48 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Fun to watch the boys beat up on someone else for a change. Bronson was deceptive tonight. He wasn't totally overpowering, but he kept them from getting hits and getting on base much. All of a sudden he was out of the game only having given up 2 runs and a handfull of hits.

Couple of nice plays, Votto snaring a line drive and EE had two really, really good catches.

Best of all, my father snagged a foul ball off of Johnny Estrada. Always like the souvineers. Actually, it was impressive. The ball hit right in front of a lady two seats down and it shot off to the left. I flailed at it like a drunken, wounded goose. My 65 year old father deftly grabbed it and handed it to me. Soft hands indeed.
    So is he called Bgabner?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    So is he called Bgabner?
    Wouldn't it be Pappy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Because he can't hit lefties in AAA, yet alone the bigs, and he plays poor defense. Both reasons for giving him something to work on at AAA.
    The sad thing is this organizations GM and top scouts appear to believe what you have posted here.

They are too often afraid to give up on old veterans like Conine/Hatteberg in favor of a youngster like Votto.

This club wasn't going anywhere this year. This was a perfect time to turn EE, Hamilton and Votto loose for an entire season.

Let'em play against RHP and LHP. Let'em make mistakes, Let'em learn.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Is it just me, or is Edwin quietly putting together a respectable season, despite his injury and despite being Jerry's whipping post.
    Edwin has always been a favorite of mine.

I think most fans forget just how young EE really is. Edwin is just eight months older than Joey Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    More good fielding from the guy who can't play defense.

Somebody's full of crap
    Word. And then some. Lies, lies upon lies, from the front office with regard to Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    He's fine at first. He's good enough. They needed to find out if he could play LF, so they kept him at AAA. Plus, there was still the issue of Hatteberg.

Votto was not left in AAA too long. A September call-up was perfect.
    For the love of all that is holy, why, exactly, would they need to find that out?

I think the citizens of Hamilton County ought to be able to fine the Cincinnati Reds every time they start Phil Dumatrait.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Word. And then some. Lies, lies upon lies, from the front office with regard to Votto.
    You're assuming of course that the media or the internet or cable guessers have been accurately stating what our FO actually thought of him. For that matter, did the rub of "no defense" come from scouts outside the organization hoping to diminish the value of Votto. Far too often, we get from the newspaper bloggers that "some in the organization" and we have no idea with that is. Most anything coming out of John Fay's blog, or Hal McCoy's columns and occasionally from CTR's blog (he's on verge of exploding in some of his game blogs, not a good thing, IMO, for resume building) are generally pretty much full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

I always like it when the dad's catch the ball and give it to their little boys. [that's in all seriousness - fun for both of you - can you tell I'm getting ready for my final kid to leave for college and facing the fact that my little ones have grown up!]

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    So is he called Bgabner?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Wouldn't it be Pappy?
    Or maybe Ppyyokum.

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    5. George Foster - 244
    6. Adam Dunn - 234
    7. Eric Davis - 203
    8. Barry Larkin - 198
    9. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 195
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Frank McCormick - 110
    21. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Chris Sabo - 104
    23. Dave Concepcion - 101
    24. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Paul O'Neill - 96
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I always like it when the dad's catch the ball and give it to their little boys. [that's in all seriousness - fun for both of you - can you tell I'm getting ready for my final kid to leave for college and facing the fact that my little ones have grown up!]
    I made some joke about Dad not giving the ball to a kid. He responded, "I gave the ball to a kid...my kid".

I don't care how old you are. Going to a ball game with your father, having him snare a foul ball and hand it to you is one of the best feelings in the world.

Celibrate and enjoy the empty nest Redsmetz. But don't forget that you'll always be Dad.

Turn Off Ads?