Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 9/11/07 - vs HGHCardinals

Re: 9/11/07 - vs HGHCardinals

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Majewskis been pretty decent since his return, aside from one game vs STL.
    In that time he's pitched 13 IP and only gassed 4 hitters. His ERA over those 13 IP is 5.54. I call that continued public indecency.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Ankiel is 1 for 18 since his HGH use was revealed.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    In that time he's pitched 13 IP and only gassed 4 hitters. His ERA over those 13 IP is 5.54. I call that continued public indecency.
    But as someone noted, if you remove the horrible St. Louis outing, his ERA is a respectable 3.46. Now, the truth is that game happened, so we have to deal with it, but out of fairness, we can't let one bad outing cloud the fact that he's been a decent reliever since returning in August.

But as someone noted, if you remove the horrible St. Louis outing, his ERA is a respectable 3.46. Now, the truth is that game happened, so we have to deal with it, but out of fairness, we can't let one bad outing cloud the fact that he's been a decent reliever since returning in August.
    In my opinion, Majewski has looked mediocre. His stuff seems to be coming back (velocity is back up from time to time and his slider has some good bite sometimes), but it's inconsistent. His command hasn't been very good and his pitches are still up more than they should be. I think there's a chance he can get back to the solid, workhorse guy he was in 2005, but he's still got a ways to go, and I don't think we'll know how much progress he can make, anyway, till next year.

Still, I'd like to see him -- and Salmon -- get a fair amount of work down the stretch over guys like Saarloos and Coffey, for evaluation purposes.

Freudian typo by BaseballLibrary.com from their daily email? Are they haters too?

St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Cards fall to Reds, 7-2: dam Dunn hit a grand slam and a solo homer off Mark Mulder, and the Cincinnati Reds extended the St. Louis Cardinals’ losing streak with a 7-2 victory Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Freudian typo by BaseballLibrary.com from their daily email? Are they haters too?

Y U B H8n?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Why stop there? I you remove all of his bad outings, then his ERA is 0.00. Wait a second! I just realized that Gary Majewski's the greatest pitcher ever.

What you can't do, or at least what no sane person should do, is ignore those times when Gary Majewski gets victimized for throwing sub-mediocre garbage over the plate. He sucks, about as hard as a relief pitcher can suck. He begs for trouble in every at-bat. That sometimes it doesn't find him should not be misinterpreted for competence. He'll get cranked again soon enough.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?