Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 9.13.07 Cardinals at Reds

Re: 9.13.07 Cardinals at Reds

I would guess that this weekend will dash any dreams of the Reds being in contention, don't you think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I would guess that this weekend will dash any dreams of the Reds being in contention, don't you think?
    I think those particular dreams have been dashed sometime earlier than this weekend. For me, I'm dreaming of dashing some other team's hopes - particularly the Brewers....

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    People gave up hope of "being in contention" long ago. Those few hangers on were convinced when we were only 5 games out a few weeks ago and then got killed by the Nats, Pirates, Mets and Cards (IIRC...I remember joking that at least it wasn't a West Coast trip that did us in this year).

Seems like the remaining games are good practice for those who have forgotten how to simply enjoy a baseball game without the pressure of worrying about a pennant race, line up construction or what bone-head move the manager/GM will make. GABP will have plenty of open seats. Give it a try folks.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-13-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I think those particular dreams have been dashed sometime earlier than this weekend. For me, I'm dreaming of dashing some other team's hopes - particularly the Brewers....
    I said to my father this morning that if we can screw up the Cards and the Cubs and somehow squeek into 3rd place I'd consider it a huge turnaround considering where we were earlier in the year.

Mind you, it's been a horrable year performance wise, but at least we'd salvage something.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    People gave up hope of "being in contention" long ago. Those few hangers on were convinced when we were only 5 games out a few weeks ago and then got killed by the Nats, Pirates, Mets and Cards (IIRC...I remember joking that at least it wasn't a West Coast trip that did us in this year).
    We didn't play the Nats at that time. We won 2 of 4 from the Pirates. It was the Cards (0-3) and the Mets (1-2)that did us in (a 3-7 stretch)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    We didn't play the Nats at that time. We won 2 of 4 from the Pirates. It was the Cards (0-3) and the Mets (1-2)that did us in (a 3-7 stretch)
    Thanks...

Anything more than 10 minutes ago is a blur.

Look....a bird!

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    for me, it's particularly the Cubs. I'd rather see Milwaukee.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?