Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 9/20/07 vs Bay Area Balco Bashers

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: 9/20/07 vs Bay Area Balco Bashers

Homer wins....Iffy saves...Ellison with the key hit

2. Turn Off Ads?

1-2-3 Ninth. Weathers looks sharp...TOBTTR.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Game over. Weathers with a great outing. Reds win 4-2!

Reds WIN Reds Win Reds Win!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Astounding statistic, Cyclone. Phillips needs to learn what pitches to hit, but with his fielding powress, you can live with that. This was a great game. Homer looks like his press clippings, and all the rest.

Good pitching with the notable exception of McBeth who I think needs some seasoning in the minor leagues.

Right now, I think Phillips is trying too hard to get that 30th homerun. In doing so, he's seriously screwing up his offensive game.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Right now, I think Phillips is trying too hard to get that 30th homerun. In doing so, he's seriously screwing up his offensive game.

Good and valid point, TB. He's pressing.

Reds bullpen tonight in 3.1 innings included 2 hits and one run (all by McBeth).

a stat that goes along with Phillips hitting into a ton of dp's --is that Eddy E. has only grounded into 4 dp's for the year.....my guess is that dp difference makes their hitting value essentially the same though at first glance most would thinkPhillips is having a better year by far.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I agree. I was at the game today, and I asked Brandon for his autograph (I made a super cute sign for him- I'm such a geek!). He seemed really subdued and told me he wasn't signing today.

But other than that, the game was great! My ex got us field club seats, so I was totally spoiled. Got quite a few autographs at batting practice, and even got Harang to sign my jacket, so I feel accomplished. Nothing like seeing the Reds win!!

The fans in SF drive me nuts, though. Some guy kept yelling "Griffey!" at Hopper, and more than once, I heard people yelling, "Double play!" when there were already two outs. I also had a guy come up and ask me why Austin Kearns wasn't playing.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    What a thrill it is for me to see and hear Jim Maloney after all these years. The guy pitched 3 no-no's in his career. Had he played anywhere else but Cincinnati, he would be a legend.

I wish they'd have all of that early 60's starting staff on sometime--Maloney, Joey Jay, Bob Purkey and Jim O'Toole. Wow.
    I'm with you there WVRF, let's not forget Sammy Ellis.

Some pretty good defense fromm EE, Brandon and Votto.

I love these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Aurilia with two balls that were close to hits. My kingdom for a little more speed...
    Glad Jerry Narron isn't managing the Giants.

Nice job by the kids today.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    a stat that goes along with Phillips hitting into a ton of dp's --is that Eddy E. has only grounded into 4 dp's for the year.....my guess is that dp difference makes their hitting value essentially the same though at first glance most would thinkPhillips is having a better year by far.

Good call Phillips RC/27 5.48
    EddieE RC/27 5.98

Pete Mackanin said after the game re: Bailey (per Trent's blog):

"We thought it was important to get him out on a positive note and not overextend him."
    Well, finally. Hey Jerry Narron! See! It isn't that hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11 View Post
    I agree. I was at the game today, and I asked Brandon for his autograph (I made a super cute sign for him- I'm such a geek!). He seemed really subdued and told me he wasn't signing today.

But other than that, the game was great! My ex got us field club seats, so I was totally spoiled. Got quite a few autographs at batting practice, and even got Harang to sign my jacket, so I feel accomplished. Nothing like seeing the Reds win!!

The fans in SF drive me nuts, though. Some guy kept yelling "Griffey!" at Hopper, and more than once, I heard people yelling, "Double play!" when there were already two outs. I also had a guy come up and ask me why Austin Kearns wasn't playing.
    fabulous park though. i was there last week.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?