Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/23/07 vs Really large guys

Re: 9/23/07 vs Really large guys

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    wiith too outs, they are taught to run on contact. If his initial instint is to freeze, his intincts are out of wack.
    I was taught on a bunt down the 3rd base line(non-squeeze) you hold at 3rd because it give the 3B a much easier play. Just like when you are on 2nd you hold on a ground ball in the hole until it gets into the OF because if you go and are wrong you give the infielder a play he otherwise did not have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bunting there is high risk low reward.

Atlanta is in the process of driving a stake through the heart of the Brewers.

I don't like the Cubs, but I love seeing Milwaukee getting their comeuppance for 99.

Bastards.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Comeuppance. Nice word

Harang made Aurilia look silly with a slider down and away. He then follows it up with a fastball and then a hanging slider up. I don't understand Reds pitchers sometimes.

2-0 Reds after 2.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Dunner getting booed

Dunn K's looking on a pitch away.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I was taught on a bunt down the 3rd base line(non-squeeze) you hold at 3rd because it give the 3B a much easier play. Just like when you are on 2nd you hold on a ground ball in the hole until it gets into the OF because if you go and are wrong you give the infielder a play he otherwise did not have.
    If Dunn breaks on contact, the force play at first will always be an easier play that the tag play at home. If the bunter can beat out the bunt, Dunn should score easily.

Gotta love Giants fan. They boo Dunn for trying to score using a clean play but they support the biggest cheater in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I was just about to ask why in the heck Hopper is wearing skin tight pants?!? He looks like Kramer in that episode of Seinfield where he wears those pants about five sizes too small.
    They said it's a rookie hazing stunt by the "vets" on the team.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Harang has had four starts this year where he three 7 innings or more of one run or less ball and got a no decision. Just a little bit of offense in those games and Harang would have 20 wins right now. That doesn't even factor in the blown saves of which there have been a few. Harang could easily have 20 wins coming into today.

After 3: Reds 2, Giants 0

Harang at 29 pitches
    Blackley at 59 pitches
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Votto's rough week continues.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Bunting there is high risk low reward.

Atlanta is in the process of driving a stake through the heart of the Brewers.

I don't like the Cubs, but I love seeing Milwaukee getting their comeuppance for 99.

Bastards.
    Unfortunately this could make the season-ending series with Chicago meaningless.

It would be nice to give them some trouble.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Ump really opened up the strike zone for Blackley
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?