Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 9/23/07 vs Really large guys

Re: 9/23/07 vs Really large guys

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Harang is still a stud. So he lost it late in a meaningless game late in the season? I think its time to shut him down. He has been ridden hard the last two years and the with the Cubs pulling away, the Reds really have no more meaningful games. Save the wear and tear for next year when it may mean something. The guy has to be worn out.
    Peavy's a stud. Aaron's Mr. Reliable. I wish there weren't a difference. But there is.

But I agree. Shut him down.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    When he's not really in the discussion of Cy Young (and let's not kid ourselves, Aaron's a country mile from true Cy Young consideration), I don't get too worked up about him not receiving votes. Maybe that will shrink his price tag when it's time for his next contract.
    Somehow I do not think that a few less votes this year will make much difference 4 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Somehow I do not think that a few less votes this year will make much difference 4 years from now.
    It all matters.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I also agree that shutting him down would be the smart decision.

It all matters.

From dumping his salary at the dealine to signing him 4 years from now.

You`ve come full circle.

Aaron will receive votes but they may not necessarily be 1st place votes. Last year he didn't receive any votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I'd like to see Salmon here in the 8th. Or are we just going to continue to let him rot away in the pen despite him having solid numbers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    From dumping his salary at the dealine to signing him 4 years from now.

You`ve come full circle.
    Keep harping on something you took out of context. I've never wanted to "dump" his salary. Trade for prospects/other MLB talent if the deal is right? Yep. Just dump the guy? Never.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Valentin doubles...do we have anyone who can run for him?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Keep harping on something you took out of context. I've never wanted to "dump" his salary. Trade for prospects/other MLB talent if the deal is right? Yep. Just dump the guy? Never.
    Reread the thread. It wasn`t out of context.

You`re suggestion that he be traded as a rebuilding process is out of context, as you mentioned none of that.

You only talked about how he wasn`t pitching up to his massive salary, but hoped he could begin to pitch better before July 31.

Peavy's a stud. Aaron's Mr. Reliable. I wish there weren't a difference. But there is.

But I agree. Shut him down.
    Agree he isn't Peavey, but he's one of the top 5 to 10 starters in the NL. That makes him a stud IMO but its just semantics I suppose.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    ANY of those pitchers is faster than Javier. GET SOMEONE IN>>...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

Only about half a dozen guys.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Maybe Hanigan didn't make the trip?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

If Mackann is sadled with this lineup the rest of the season it's going to be a rough ride. No Hatteberg, no Gonzo, no Griffey, no Hamilton and no Dunn just emasculates this team offensively. Everytime you look up and see Jason Ellison or Buck coats you know what is going to happen (or at least you think you do. And Pete's comments on Dunn don't sound good. His knee is getting "progrssively...I don't want to say progressively, but it's worse." Uh-Oh.

For those who wanted to see the kids (and I'm one of those, btw), this is what you get.

Turn Off Ads?