Thread: 9/27/2007 Reds Vs Astros

Re: 9/27/2007 Reds Vs Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bring the Cubs....let's ruin their weekend
    I hope so... I want to get over .500...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If we had Kearns and Lopez, there's no way that Hamilton and Gonzalez would be here.
    Gonzalez, maybe not. But why not Hamilton?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bring the Cubs....let's ruin their weekend
    With the way the Brewers are tanking I don't think the cubs have to even win a game.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If we had Kearns and Lopez, there's no way that Hamilton and Gonzalez would be here.
    Maybe, maybe not. Hamilton was one of those cheap chances which we would have taken. That's not the point. I believe we would have traded Lopez by now and that we'd need a SS, so...

But, back to my point. We wouldn't have Majewski, who is one of the most hittable pitchers I've ever seen, even when he was at Washington. What they ever saw in him amazes me. I can see what they saw in Bray, but not Majewski.

But it matters not. Pete used him when he should not have. And befoe anyone says there's not much better down there, I can think of a few when you just know Majewski is going to give up hits and runs in a tie game. In his last 10 appearances he has pitched 6.2 innings allowing 13 hits and 7 runs for an ERA of around 8. Even if he was looking at what he'd done against Houston, he had allowed 4 hits in 2.1 innings and his September shows 4.2 innings where he allowed 8 hits. The guy does not miss many bats and he didn't miss many tonight, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Gonzalez, maybe not. But why not Hamilton?
    That's what I think, but then again, I'm not a big Gonzo fan anyway. That's my flaw.

Turn Off Ads?