Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 9/28/2007 Reds vs Midget Bears

Re: 9/28/2007 Reds vs Midget Bears

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ooohhhh...I walked outside today and was hit by a wave of blue. I berated my favorite scalper for selling tickets to Cubs fans ("Don't encourage them! It's disgraceful!" "I gotta make a living, babe!") They are disgusting.

But...but...the Cubs are honestly the best team of a very sorry bunch. They deserve the title. They're still the Cubs and all the riff-raff crap that goes along with that, but man the Brewers were disgusting the last couple of weeks. So the results are as they should be. And I must not be a complete blackhearted spiderwitch yet, because I kinda feel happy for these Cubs fans. Their team won close to home, and they were there to see it. I wouldn't want anyone to begrudge me that if the tables were turned. So there you go.

I revoke any and all of this if the Cubs eke out a single win in the postseason.
    As much as I hate to say it, I find myself in agreement with you. I hae to admire the Cubs who went out and spent the money necessary to win a division. A crappy division, but they'll get the flag. Our favorite team tends to look at things differently, bringing in players that are marginal at best while alwys trying to rid themselves of payroll and the same result always happens.

The Cubs actually hired a championship manager and got some real starters. Yes, they have more money than we do, but we put together a staff of a number one we already had an number three we already had and whatever was left. Yes, pitching is expensive, but they had the guts to put the money out and it worked. Our bullpen was world-class horrible and didn't get much better, but, hey, we didn't spend a lot of money and we went with a guy who we extended even though he'd never won anything. and we're aobut to do the same thing for another year.

Like you, if they win one game in the playoffs I'll be upset, but they did the things they needed to do to win. We only played like we were.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Heres what Mets fans are probably doing right now: :runawaycr
    I know one of them...I work with him.

I haven't seen him in 3 days.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-29-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    As I said at the beginning of the season--their pitching was a trainwreck just waiting to happen; no depth at all. Ultimately, they were consumed by the same leviathan that gobbled up the Reds on day one: superthin rotation.
    How 'bout dem Cardinals?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    How 'bout dem Cardinals?
    Carpenter got shelved and Reyes sucks. That's the tale of the tape. Had Carpenter been healthy all season they'd be going right down to the wire. The only thing I was off on was Reyes; I thought he'd be league average--he wasn't even close.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Way to lay down Brewers.

Gutless team.
    Melvin would probably like to swallow some arsenic pills over that Doug Davis for "an offensive catcher they don't need" trade.

Saw that baby coming from a mile away.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    How 'bout dem Cardinals?
    Still better then us
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Still better then us
    That's debatable...

The record may suggest that they are....

When it goes down in the history books the record is really all that matters.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?