Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Burress for Johnson

Burress for Johnson

Mulling an offer in my league. I'd be getting Larry Johnson in exchange for Plaxico Burress. I've got pretty good depth at receiver with Chad, Torry Holt, Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson. My RB situation isn't good, with Steven Jackson hurt, Marshawn Lynch on a bye and my starters this week at RB being Ernest Graham and Brian Leonard. Seems to me like it's not a bad deal since Burress is banged up but the Chiefs offense is so bad that I'm hesitant to hitch my wagon to Johnson. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Sabo Fan; 10-13-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Burress for Johnson

No and I didn't even read past sentence 1.

With the depth that you have at WR I think that it is a deal that you can afford to take a chance on.

Chad and Torry are legit #1 WRs and Marshall is a very good #2 and Jackson is a big play receiver as well.

Larry has the following teams left to play:

Bengals
    Oakland x2
    Denver x2
    Detroit
    NY Jets
    Indy

Every one of those teams is in the bottom half of the NFL in rush D, with Oak, Den, Cincy, and NYJ being 25th or lower.

Steven Jackson is also suppose to be back at some point so you'd have LJ and Jackson anchoring your team whenever Jackson comes back and you'd still have Chad, Torry, and Marshall as your WRs.

I actually think it's a very very good buy low/sell high situation that usually end up winning fantasy leagues.

As well, Burress has been hurt all year even though he keeps playing. One of these weeks he's not going to be able to play through the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    Why don't you try to give the person a little reasoning as to WHY you wouldn't do the trade instead of just giving a yes or no answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    With the depth that you have at WR I think that it is a deal that you can afford to take a chance on.

Chad and Torry are legit #1 WRs and Marshall is a very good #2 and Jackson is a big play receiver as well.

Larry has the following teams left to play:

Bengals
    Oakland x2
    Denver x2
    Detroit
    NY Jets
    Indy

Every one of those teams is in the bottom half of the NFL in rush D, with Oak, Den, Cincy, and NYJ being 25th or lower.

Steven Jackson is also suppose to be back at some point so you'd have LJ and Jackson anchoring your team whenever Jackson comes back and you'd still have Chad, Torry, and Marshall as your WRs.

I actually think it's a very very good buy low/sell high situation that usually end up winning fantasy leagues.

As well, Burress has been hurt all year even though he keeps playing. One of these weeks he's not going to be able to play through the injuries.

Appreciate the input. Kind of a similar thought process I had. The situation changed somewhat today because I was able to pick up Frank Gore for Matt Schaub and Julius Jones. Gore is on a bye this week so it doesn't help my situation immediately, but it does make it less urgent.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

I would do it, personally. What Buckeye33 said.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    Oops my bad I hope you didn't take my advice. Obviously I was having problems reading this day.

I thought you were giving up LJ for Burress.

By all means, I would do that trade if you are GETTING LJ.

Sorry for being blunt.

Turn Off Ads?