Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone here like Blues?

Re: Does anyone here like Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Absolutely! I wish there was a local radio station that played it on a consistent basis. I also like jazz (some of it anyway) and miss The Wave.

It would be really nice if we had a station that played a mix of "off-beat" music or had specific segments that feature different genre... like blues and jazz for instance.

I don't want to hear either all the time, but it would be nice to know that there was a place to go on the dial where I could always rely on it being available.
    You should check out the radio station 88.7 FM if you can get it. It's an all volunteer radio station somewhere in Clermont that is staffed completely by volunteers. They bring all their own records, so each DJ has a different format. You get blues, jazz, big band, even off the wall stuff like polka.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does anyone here like Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Eleven posts in and no one's mentioned Robert Johnson. That stuff will rip you up. Absolutely amazing, but I think you have to be in a certain place to listen to it. That's how I feel about a lot of the blues. I love it, though.

This is just my opinion but I think Johnson's stuff is a bit overrated. I know he's a big influence on people and I own the box set but IMO, it's not that great. I think it's good and I enjoy listening to it on Launchcast but I enjoy a lot of other stuff more than Robert Johnson.

Old country, blues and folk is a lot of what I listen to anymore. It's either a phase or a sign of decline.

That music has more in common with each other than most people think. In the movie "The Last Waltz", The Band's drummer - and GAC lookalike - Levon Helm called Muddy Waters the king of country music. I think Hank, Sr. was influenced by the blues quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?