Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search update(s) Could it be Dusty?

"Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

For me, they're the Reds. They're my team, they're who I root for. If it's Baker, fine. The world will go on. There's no other team for me to root for. I do not want my Grandma coming back to haunt me!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Dusty Baker is a full-blown idiot.

If Dusty Baker is hired, then it will become clear that both Bob Castellini and Wayne Krivsky are also full-blown idiots. It's likely that at least three of Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey and Johnny Cueto will be heading over to the Prior/Wood Fate Path. The best way to ensure that a lousy pitching staff remains lousy is to hire an incompetent idiot who doesn't know how to take care of a pitching staff.

Hello DL visits and a consistent high team ERA.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

All dyslexics must untie!

Next Red's manager...Tony LaRussa or Dusty Baker?

Let's see, would I prefer death by lethal injection or carbon monoxide poisoning?
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Next Red's manager...Tony LaRussa or Dusty Baker?

Let's see, would I prefer death by lethal injection or carbon monoxide poisoning?
    I'd take LaRussa every day of the week. I am just terrified of what Dusty could do to our pitching staff.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd take LaRussa every day of the week. I am just terrified of what Dusty could do to our pitching staff.
    What pitching staff?

Hey maybe he could get some of these turdlatherers the Reds call pitchers to get ugly on the inside part of the plate every now and again.

There's been something a tad effete or at the very least somewhat DC Talk about this organization since Davey Johnson left. I wouldn't mind putting a little Satan back in the mix.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Sounds like it's going to be Baker; I'd give him a chance because he's the Red's manager, and well....I'm a Red's fan, for better or worse.

There will be scores of folks here, of course, charting pitch counts and Pitching Abuse Points (with good reason). For the record, in 2007, Harang and Arroyo finished 5th and 6th, respectively. Can Baker protect these guys better than Narron/Mack did?

Baker tends to be well liked by his team and gets along with everyone, which is a good thing. Also, just from reading, he seems to know what he's doing with the bullpen, which is something which has been kind of a sore spot around these parts lately.

OK, I'm rationalizing. Dusty Baker doesn't excite me, in the least. But what they've been doing lately hasn't worked, so what the heck. He'll probably only be here two years or so, anyway; Dusty is a west coast guy.

I definitely do not like the fact that the Reds busted Mackanin down to scout salary immediately after the season ended. That's bush, and an indication that maybe Castellini is cut from a similar cloth (and grew up in the same place as )...gasp.....Marge Schott.

ps- Cyc, I love the new avatar: pray tell, who is this??

pss- all scouts do is watch baseball games anyway, right???

will Dusty ask BOB to sign Barry Bonds?? hehe

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sometimes you just have that feeling that something is going to happen...

Well, I have that feeling today.

I had that feeling the day Kearns and Lopez got traded...I didn't know it would be them, but I had that feeling that something quite significant was going to go down that day

I had that feeling on Narron's final day as manager...his final trot to the mound was going to be his last....

I had that feeling when I got a hold of the "LaRue traded" rumor that I put on here before it was official...I jumped the gun on posting that, but it worked out....something told me it was legit.

Oh, crap.

FCB, I am with you. This team needs some attitude...I don't like Dusty at all but I agree this team needs some "courage" from time to time.

Bronson Arroyo is a step in the right direction as is Brandon Phillips, who called out Pujols this year...though I would have liked to have seen him throw the ball right through his late sliding helmet instead.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Dusty with Bailey and, most likely at some point, Cueto scares me, if he's indeed the guy

Maybe he'll prove he can handle them and that Prior and Wood didn't stand a chance anyway.

That's what worries me about him...not his attitude or anything like that...a little attitude is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Dusty with Bailey and Cueto scares me.

Maybe he'll prove he can handle them and that Prior and Wood didn't stand a chance anyway.
    Believing that Bailey and Cueto are the Reds' saviors scares me.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Believing that Bailey and Cueto are the Reds' saviors scares me.
    You've made that very clear...we don't need another thread about it.

If he gets them on the operating table and ruins they're arm, it won't matter anyway.

Dusty with Bailey and, most likely at some point, Cueto scares me, if he's indeed the guy
    If he's willing to let them take the mound (Dusty doesn't like kid pitchers), then he'd surely kill them. Cueto throws a lot of strikes, so perhaps he could survive.

My guess is Dusty's request would be trade the kids and get me some adults.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

You've made that very clear...we don't need another thread about it.
    I don't plan on it. (Though it doesn't make it any less true).

Turn Off Ads?