Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial search over. It's Dusty.

Re: Managerial search update(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Lets just hope this is nothing more than idle speculation, because the thought of Dusty Baker coming to town scares me.
    Me Too.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Baker is hired, I say we start a "save Homer Bailey('s arm)" protest and raise a ruckus.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Lets just hope this is nothing more than idle speculation, because the thought of Dusty Baker coming to town scares me.
    Holy cats.

Jeez oh Pete. Gah.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

No way is Baker being hired. It's just asking to lose 100 games. Why would the Reds hire a manager the Cubs recently fired because of a 66-96 record?
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I have this sneaking suspicion that the only skill of some major league managers is the ability to convince upper management that they are the right man for the job.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm going to buy tissues and ice packs tonight just in case....

..and I may pick up an apartment guide...

Wow.

Not sure what to think about this...
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

No.

An ego enabler, who can't handle a pitching staff, who likes veterans over young players, and arguably wrecked the career of 2 of the most promisiing young pitchers in recent years...

Am I missing something?

The only thing that looks good is his managerial record - has only finished below second place 4 times...the fourth being his last stint as a manager....has been to a world series, and has a .527 winnig percentage.

Not enough good to outweigh the bad for me....

Good lord, this board will go into meltdown.....

I never understoond the lure of Dusty Baker. He was good with SF but how much of that can you contribute to having two year in year out MVP candidates in Kent and Bonds. Then he went to chicago and killed the pitching staff. I just dont see how Baker and Krivsky would get along considering Krivsky likes to baby his prospects while Baker abuses his.

Would this be a precursor to trading off young guys like Votto, Encarnacion and others?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Would this be a precursor to trading off young guys like Votto, Encarnacion and others?
    If that's the case, Krivsky better watch his back....he won't survive the season....and neither will his pitching staff

I'm about to jump on the "Bring Back Mackanin" bandwagon if this is the only other alternative...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I'm about to jump on the "Bring Back Mackanin" bandwagon if this is the only other alternative...
    Me and you both. I seriously will buy FireDustyBaker.com the night he is hired, if he is hired as the Reds manager.

Turn Off Ads?