Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "24" Trailer

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

"24" Trailer

As much as last season was a down season.....I can't resist this show, and they certainly make you want more.

http://www.24trailer.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: "24" Trailer

Looks like the producers did a lot of re-tooling. I'll bet some changes won't be well-received by the hardcore fans of the show.

That airport story arc looks a little too reminiscent of Die Hard 2.
    /r/reds

I saw this yesterday. Every time I think I'm out...

24 Canceled this year? I'm not happy about this.

Fox's '24' is first high-profile strike casualty
    By Nellie Andreeva

Nov 8, 2007
    hr/photos/stylus/12721.jpg

"24"
    Strike Zone: Latest news and updates

Three days in, the writers strike is hitting television hard as schedules are being juggled, overall deals suspended, production on series shut down and layoffs kick in.

Fox on Wednesday became the first broadcast network to announce a strike-affected midseason schedule minus its signature drama "24."

Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox TV became the latest TV studio to send out suspension letters to writers with overall deals, joining CBS Paramount Network TV, ABC Studios and Universal Media Studios.

20th TV also began notifying writers assistants Wednesday that they are being laid off effective immediately, but the studio will pay their health benefits through the end of the year, sources said.

Faced with the possibility of a partial Season 7 of "24," Fox has opted not to air the real-time drama at all this season.

"It's not a decision we wanted to make, but it's one based on how we feel the viewers expect us to schedule the show," said Preston Beckman, Fox's scheduling chief.

The decision to act quickly so early in the strike also was prompted by the large amounts of marketing money associated with the premieres of new series and the annual launch of "24." The network began airing promos for the upcoming season of "24" during the World Series and on a big screen in Times Square.

"Had we delayed executing and implementing of a strike schedule, it could've cost us a lot of money," Beckman said.

(For now, ABC is still sticking to its plan to air heavily serialized "Lost" in midseason, running the eight produced episodes, 10 short of the 18-episode order.)

Meanwhile, Fox's hit animated comedy "Family Guy" might go into repeats much sooner than scheduled if creator-exec producer Seth MacFarlane follows up on his threat not to authorize the completion of future episodes beyond the one airing Sunday.

Fox's high-profile new drama "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," originally slated to run in tandem with "24," will now premiere Sunday, Jan. 13, and will air in "24's" Monday 9 p.m. time slot, following "Prison Break" and new reality series "When Women Ruled the World."

"Women," about educated and independent women taking over a group of unsuspecting men in a remote location, is one of two new unscripted reality series Fox is planning to launch midseason, along with the Mark L. Walberg-hosted "The Moment of Truth," which features people facing a lie detector test.

Fox's midseason schedule also includes new scripted series "The Return of Jezebel James," "Unhitched," "New Amsterdam" and "Canterbury's Law."

With "House" running out of original episodes, "Hell's Kitchen" has been assigned the plum post-"American Idol" Tuesday 9 p.m. slot beginning April 1, making it a British-themed reality night for Fox with "Idol" judge Simon Cowell and "Hell's" topliner Gordon Ramsey.

"We would be in original programming virtually every night of the week for the remainder of this broadcast season," News Corp. president Peter Chernin said Wednesday in a conference call with analysts. "We would expect that it would, if anything, lift our market share and have us win this season by an even greater margin than we expect to."

Fueled by "American Idol," which will launch with a two-night, four-hour premiere Jan. 15-16, and helped buy the fact it only programs 15 hours a week, Fox has been considered the best equipped to handle a long writers strike.

Still, network brass are hoping to go back to their original midseason plans if the strike ends soon.

"This is a schedule that will be modified if and when there is a settlement," Beckman said.

NBC is expected to announce its revised midseason schedule shortly, while CBS and ABC are still working on theirs.

ABC on Wednesday made a minor tweak to its schedule, replacing the Nov. 20 episodes of "Cavemen" and "Carpoolers" with back-to-back "Charlie Brown" holiday specials and slotting Barbara Walters' annual "Ten Most Fascinating People" special Dec. 6, replacing a repeat of "Big Shots."

In other strike-related developments:

-- NBC's "The Office" officially shut down production Wednesday after its star Steve Carell and several other cast members refused to cross the picket line Monday and Tuesday, effectively bringing filming of the hit comedy to a halt. Several "Office" writers, including showrunner Greg Daniels, posted a video shot on the picket line on YouTube.

-- With the exception of "Scrubs," which is slated to film for awhile, all comedy series still in production are slated to wrap shooting their available scripts by early next week, followed by dramas, which will go on hiatus by the end of the month, laying off thousands of crew members.

-- Production on the second season of Lifetime's "Army Wives," originally scheduled to begin at the end of November, has been put on hold.

Fox's schedule follows:

Monday
    8-9 p.m. -- Prison Break (Jan. 14)
    9-10 p.m. -- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Jan. 14)
    8-9 p.m. -- When Women Rule the World (March 3)
    9-10 p.m. -- House (March 10)

Tuesday
    8-9 p.m. -- American Idol (Jan. 15)
    9-10 p.m. -- House (Jan. 22)
    9-10 p.m. -- Hell's Kitchen (Apr. 1)

Wednesday
    8-9 p.m. -- American Idol (Jan. 16)
    8-9 p.m. -- The Moment of Truth (March 12)
    9-10 p.m. -- The Moment of Truth (Jan. 23)
    9-9:30 p.m. -- American Idol (March 12)
    9:30-10 p.m. -- Back to You (March 12)

Thursday
    8-9 p.m. -- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
    9-10 p.m. -- Don't Forget the Lyrics

Friday
    8-9 p.m. -- Bones (Jan. 4)
    9-10 p.m. -- House (Jan. 4)
    9-10 p.m. -- New Amsterdam (Feb. 22)
    8-8:30 p.m. -- 'Til Death (March 7)
    8:30-9 p.m. -- The Return of Jezebel James (March 7)
    9-10 p.m. -- Canterbury's Law (April 11)

Saturday
    8-8:30 p.m. -- Cops
    8:30-9 p.m. -- Cops
    9-10 p.m. -- America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back

Sunday
    7-7:30 p.m. -- Various comedy encores
    7:30-8 p.m. -- Various comedy encores
    8-9 p.m. -- The Simpsons
    8:30-9 p.m. -- King of the Hill
    9-9:30 p.m. -- Family Guy
    9:30-10 p.m. -- American Dad
    9:30-10 p.m. -- Unhitched (March 2)
    9:30-10 p.m. -- American Dad (April 13)
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

GUH? What? Now what reason do I have to live?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    GUH? What? Now what reason do I have to live?
    More Heroes watching. Even though this season has been a drag.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    More Heroes watching. Even though this season has been a drag.
    If I am not mistaken, Heroes is also going to be ending its season very soon.
    Lost supposedly is about to start - but how much of that show is in the can?

This is going to be a very short and miserable TV season. Reality TV, reruns and also-rans. Ich.

Lost has filmed 6 episodes. So they may or may not start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Heroes is also going to be ending its season very soon.
    Lost supposedly is about to start - but how much of that show is in the can?

Here's a good source for the strike status of network shows. Heroes has 3 episodes left. Lost will have 8 episodes.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Here's a good source for the strike status of network shows. Heroes has 3 episodes left. Lost will have 8 episodes.
    Thank you very much - quite helpful information.
    Zero new episodes of The Office.
    Seven new episodes of Cavemen. Tell me why the pain hurts so much?

The Heroes season finale is December 3rd. I also heard the Lost producers really did not want just the 8 episodes shown this year because a lot of them build up a story for the year that will have no ending but it looks like ABC is going to show them anyway.

Gah only 3 more Pushing Daisies and 5 Chucks.
    Go Gators!

This will save the NHL, and make everyone have to watch the Big Ten Network.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This will save the NHL, and make everyone have to watch the Big Ten Network.
    Think what it'll do for Blockbuster......

Bumping this thread because the link I posted above was updated today. It remains the best source I know of for information about how many episodes remain of scripted shows.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?