Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys reach 6-yr/$67.5 deal with Tony Romo

Re: Cowboys reach 6-yr/$67.5 deal with Tony Romo

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post

Its amazing that JaMarcus Russell is higher up on that list than Brady.
    Says a lot about the New England organization and what Brady thinks of it though. He restructured his deal this past offseason, IIRC, in order for them to add guys like Moss and Adalius Thomas. Just shows that for him/them winning is more important than money. I still don't like him or the Pats, but it shows what it takes to build a consistent winner.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Imagine the money they would have saved had they extended him in the off-season... or even earlier on this year instead of waiting so long. I like him though, he should be good enough not to make it look like a bad move.
    Yep. The Cowboy's patience really came back to bite them this time. Still, they didn't get ripped off. He is a terrific quarterback, and he is still getting paid below what he would on the open market. None the less, he isn't cheap.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    What's wrong with Eli?
    Eli Manning isn't very good, IMO.

He doesn't have the arm he thinks he does, and makes bad decisions with the football.

In the right system, he could be very serviceable, but I just don't think he has that much natural talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Eli Manning isn't very good, IMO.

He doesn't have the arm he thinks he does, and makes bad decisions with the football.

In the right system, he could be very serviceable, but I just don't think he has that much natural talent.
    Sounds a lot like Ben Roethlisberger.

The QB with the most natural talent in the NFL hands down is Palmer. Manning and Brady have far superior O-lines. Their coaches and management get it, Bengals don't or either don't want to spend for it. I feel Palmer is wasting away the most productive years of his career with a crappy defensive and C+ offensive line.

When was the last time you saw Manning get creamed in the pocket?

Don't get me wrong. Manning and Brady are A+ QB's. However I wound take Palmer with the Colts or Pats over Manning and Brady.
    Palmer has never had the O-lines that good to see his true ability year in and year out. Manning or Brady with the current Bengals team would be 2-5 as well.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I'm with you, George Foster, but I'd argue that on talent alone, Peyton Manning is better than Carson Palmer when you include acting abilities.

Turn Off Ads?