Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: will you/did you wear a costume for Halloween?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

10 18.87%
  • no

43 81.13%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you wearing a costume today?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Are you wearing a costume today?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I was out and about in Columbus last weekend, and Halloween seemed to be in full swing. What is up with dressing like Strippers for Halloween? I saw probably 15-20 young women, in bars and restaurants wearing very little, and it was cold Saturday night. Several women wearing dominatrix outfits, with fishnet stockings, exposed thongs, and weird wigs. I saw that particular outfit on a pair of girls in Champs at Worthington. I kept hoping management might toss them out, but the seemed to get great service. I asked my brother in law if they needed to have a six foot bubble between them and other people. Can someone shed some light on this? Am I turning into a stick in the mud? I will say that the outfits did draw my attention away from the Ohio State game from time to time.
    No.... personally I think its ridiculous these days what a lot of girls will wear, much less wear in terms of a Halloween 'costume', if you can call them costumes. I am a young guy, 23, and its just not my taste. I think it comes off as very trashy and thats just not my thing.....

to each their own I guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was out and about in Columbus last weekend, and Halloween seemed to be in full swing. What is up with dressing like Strippers for Halloween? I saw probably 15-20 young women, in bars and restaurants wearing very little, and it was cold Saturday night. Several women wearing dominatrix outfits, with fishnet stockings, exposed thongs, and weird wigs. I saw that particular outfit on a pair of girls in Champs at Worthington. I kept hoping management might toss them out, but the seemed to get great service. I asked my brother in law if they needed to have a six foot bubble between them and other people. Can someone shed some light on this? Am I turning into a stick in the mud? I will say that the outfits did draw my attention away from the Ohio State game from time to time.
    My sister told me she went to a party as Little Red Riding Hood, there were two other LRRH's there, but she said they were done up all ****ty, and she was "traditional" (whatever that really means) I asked if she talked to them... nope she said. I told her that she gave them the same treatment that the Pat Benatar clones gave each other in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

I know in the movie, "Mean Girls" they had a Halloween party and the girls all dressed up like skanks. But I'm guessing that they probably started doing that before the movie ever came out. Other than that, I don't have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No.... personally I think its ridiculous these days what a lot of girls will wear, much less wear in terms of a Halloween 'costume', if you can call them costumes. I am a young guy, 23, and its just not my taste. I think it comes off as very trashy and thats just not my thing.....

I have to agree with that, I will be 22 in a little over a week and I have to say that they do nothing for me too. I'd rather not have the whole world seeing what my girlfriend has to offer. Call me old fashioned, but a little mystery is fine with me...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Who's to say those were Halloween costumes?

Sounds like a normal weekend around Columbus, to me.

Not a costume, but here's my daughter's latest blog entry especially for Halloween!

“In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Only us seniors are allowed to dress up in my high school, so I took the oppurtunity and was J.D. from Scrubs. Had the navy blue scrubs with long sleeve gray shirt, stethescope, and John Dorian M.D. nametag.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Only us seniors are allowed to dress up in my high school, so I took the oppurtunity and was J.D. from Scrubs. Had the navy blue scrubs with long sleeve gray shirt, stethescope, and John Dorian M.D. nametag.
    Did the janitor accuse you of putting a penny in the sliding doors?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

You are more than welcome to jump into a time machine and experience the days when I was 23. In those days college girls wore oversized Champion sweatshirts and spandex stirrup pants with huge hairdos full of ozone-depleting Aquanet. So grown women at a bar wear sexy Halloween costumes? So what? If it were 12 year olds, I'd have a problem. But if they're adults, as long as they cover their naughty bits, who cares? Spend some time in Europe or South America and the style of dress of American girls, particularly at the beach, is tame by comparison. People get too hung up on judging people based on what they're wearing instead of what really matters, like how they treat the people around them.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I went out last weekend dressed up as a bee. Although I love celebrating holidays and dressing up, I had a midterm today and just couldn't bring myself to take the test in a bee costume, so I wore orange instead. The shirt I'm wearing today has a black cat on it and says, "The cutest kittens have the sharpest claws." So cute!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Did the janitor accuse you of putting a penny in the sliding doors?
    No, But Dr. Cox invaded his house at the party or told them to start drinking Miller Lite.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

One of our product engineers yesterday came in with red contact lenses and fangs. Talk about life-like and shades of Christopher Lee. Startled a few people.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    You are more than welcome to jump into a time machine and experience the days when I was 23. In those days college girls wore oversized Champion sweatshirts and spandex stirrup pants with huge hairdos full of ozone-depleting Aquanet. So grown women at a bar wear sexy Halloween costumes? So what? If it were 12 year olds, I'd have a problem. But if they're adults, as long as they cover their naughty bits, who cares? Spend some time in Europe or South America and the style of dress of American girls, particularly at the beach, is tame by comparison. People get too hung up on judging people based on what they're wearing instead of what really matters, like how they treat the people around them.
    I don't feel like going into this exactly, but I completely disagree.

I read somewhere a perfect summation of Halloween for "young ladies": 'Gives them a perfect excuse to dress like a total **** one day out of the year without being called a ****.'

My question: Why be so unfair to the other 364 days??

Yep, I am right now, a 70's outfit consisting of the male sign, a 70's tye dye t-shirt, plaid shorts, Janis Joplin sunglasses and a natural afro.

Turn Off Ads?