Worth The Wait

NFL Picks: Week Nine

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Last Week: 7-6
    Season: 75-41
    Record Picking Redskins Games: 5-2
    Against the Spread: 16-11-1
    Lock of the Week: 6-1

Last Week's Pats: Nothing to brag about. The seven games I picked correctly were all pretty easy.

Last Week's Apologies: First of all, it was my first losing week this year picking against the spread (1-3), although, I did hit my lock of the week once again (Raiders). Gotta apologize to the Browns, who I thought would be the first victim for the Rams this year. And Jacksonville continues to be a mystery as to which team will show up from week to week.

This Week's Picks:

San Francisco at Atlanta: Yuck. Not sure which way to go with this disaster. Flipping a coin...

49ers 19, Falcons 17

Cincinnati at Buffalo: Another tough one. The Bills are hanging around and playing hard every week. The Bengals are pretty much toast. But for some reason, I see Cincy snagging a victory on the road.

Bengals 24, Bills 20

Denver at Detroit: OK, this is my big test for the Lions. I am not a "believer" yet, but if they win this week and sit at 6-2, then I will be forced to take notice. But for at least one more week, I think the Lions find a way to lose this one.

Broncos 23, Lions 20

Green Bay at Kansas City: I've been picking against the Chiefs, and losing, all year long. Why stop now?

Packers 22, Chiefs 17

San Diego at Minnesota: If Brad Childress isn't feeling some heat in Minnesota, he should be. Not a big fan of what he's doing up there. San Diego is back on track.

Chargers 27, Vikings 13

Jacksonville at New Orleans: By far the hardest game for me to choose this week. Jacksonville is so up and down it's sick. Are the Saints back on the right path, or did they just beat two terrible teams (SF and Atlanta)? I think we'll know a lot more about both of these teams when it's all said and done.

Saints 19, Jaguars 16

Washington at New York Jets: This is a great game....if you are a fan of utter boredom.

Redskins 12, Jets 10

Carolina at Tennessee: The Panthers are dominant on the road and horrid at home. I think the trend continues this week; Vince Young looks awful so far this year.

Panthers 23, Titans 16

Arizona at Tampa Bay: Not liking what I see from Tampa over the past few weeks. I think Arizona will benefit from their week off and pull out the upset.

Cardinals 21, Bucs 17

Seattle at Cleveland: With a win, the Browns will be 5-3, but much like the Lions, I will continue to be a doubter until they leave me no choice.

Seahawks 26, Browns 21

Houston at Oakland: The three people that choose to watch this over the Indy-NE game need to have their heads examined.

Raiders 20, Texans 17

New England at Indianapolis: Just awesome. It's really interesting to me that the Patriots have managed to cast themselves as the favorites and the villans in this game, despite the fact that the Colts have won the past three meetings and are the defending champs. But I guess that's what happens when you storm through the league the way the Patriots have the first half of this season. I definitely think the Colts come out fired up, and I definitely think Peyton Manning puts on a show, but right now, I just can't see how any team in the league can stop the Tom Brady Show.

Patriots 34, Colts 30

Dallas at Philadelphia: Just when you want to bury the Eagles for good, they pull out a decent victory. Dallas will do their best to throw a little more dirt on Philly this week though.

Cowboys 27, Eagles 20

Baltimore at Pittsburgh: I'm not buying what the Ravens are selling this year, and Pittsburgh seems to be firing on all cylinders right now.

Steelers 23, Ravens 13

4 To Score

1. Cardinals (+3.5) against the Bucs. Tampa headed in the wrong direction.
    2. Panthers (+4) against the Titans. Carolina is tough on the road.
    3. Broncos (+3) against the Lions. Playing a hunch here.
    4. Bengals (-1) against the Bills. Cincy is bound to win a few with that passing game. Right?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: NFL Picks: Week Nine

I'll predict the Dolphins don't lose this week.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Re: NFL Picks: Week Nine

Wait there are games other than New England and the Colts?

Turn Off Ads?