Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overnight

Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overnight

I just woke and heard Joe Nuxhall Passed away overnight. I was soooooooo hoping he would pull thru this and later in 2008, be able to go into the Hall of Fame and stand on the podium.. gave me tears hearing the sad news.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

This is very sad news.

I don't know why they are not reporting this on Fox 19 Morning News right now....

Nevermind... They are just reporting this now.

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

My radio turned on to wake me and its on WLW

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    I just woke and heard Joe Nuxhall Passed away overnight. I was soooooooo hoping he would pull thru this and later in 2008, be able to go into the Hall of Fame and stand on the podium.. gave me tears hearing the sad news.
    Damn.

Fox 19 is reporting it right not. Dan Carroll spoke with Donzetta (sp?) to confirm it.

Thanks for everything Joe.

very, very sorry to hear this

Thanks for all the good memories you provided me, Joe. Starting as a five-year-old listening to Reds games in secret after bed-time in 1975, you enriched my life.

Peace.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Thanks for all the good memories you provided me, Joe. Starting as a five-year-old listening to Reds games in secret after bed-time in 1975, you enriched my life.

Peace.
    You know, some people wonder why we gripe about how bad some sports announcers are....

Well, it's because we get spoiled by guys like Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

Peace.

same here

R.I.P. He will be missed.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

This news feels like a ballgame on a rainy day...

But, welcome home Joe.

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Thanks for the memories, Joe. You will truly be missed.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Very sad news. Joe was an institution and he was the one constant with the Reds for my entire life. I didn't listen to the WLW broadcast much the last couple years but I tried to catch it when Joe was on. Things just won't be the same.

Bless you Joe and prayers for your family.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

RIP Joe. You were truly one of a kind and will be missed.

RIP Joe

I loved your joy and enthusiasm for the game of baseball and life in general. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?