Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

ArmyBengal, one of the mods at Bengalszone, and also an exceptional member of the US armed forces recently finishing a tour in Afghanistan, made this post over in their forum. Thought the perspective of one of the mods of a very successful Cincy sports forum were interesting... (PLEASE NOTE: his words not mine) Any comments from the RedsZone mods???

"In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking [editted so I don't get probation] and having a negative vibe.

Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these [editted so I don't get probation], does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is [editted so I don't get probation] !!!

WHODEY !!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    ArmyBengal, one of the mods at Bengalszone, and also an exceptional member of the US armed forces recently finishing a tour in Afghanistan, made this post over in their forum. Thought the perspective of one of the mods of a very successful Cincy sports forum were interesting... (PLEASE NOTE: his words not mine) Any comments from the RedsZone mods???

"In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking [editted so I don't get probation] and having a negative vibe.

Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these [editted so I don't get probation], does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is [editted so I don't get probation] !!!

WHODEY !!!
    They have their system, and we have ours. I think that it does help a lot that we have two forums. I think that it helps seperate the nonsense from the educated posters. Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great posters, that have educated opinions on the Sun Deck. I just think that it helps keep people in check.

I recently visited Bengalszone, and wasn't impressed at all. They have tons of uneducated posts. They have those pictures in their siguatures that are inappropriate. I just like our system better.

That's my two cents.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls
    Any comments from the RedsZone mods???
    Yes - I could care less what's said about us over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yes - I could care less what's said about us over there.

In other words, you aren't interested in a BOARD (Bored?) WAR??

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Any comments from the RedsZone mods???
    Please send ArmyBengal a sincere thanks for his volunteer service to aid our country.

Also let him know that as far as his thoughts on RedsZone, that Imitation and Jealousy are the sincerest forms of flattery.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Senor Votto

I've gone to Bengalszone a few times and didn't care for the site at all. You really can't compare this site and that site because they're in two different leagues.

I am not a Bengals fan, so I had never heard of the site before. I looked it up, and they have a separate Cincinnati Reds sub-forum where the original post was made. I have been a member of Redzone for a while, and have always thought the system was quite fair. Make quality posts, be civil to you fellow posters, and elevate the general posting discourse and in due course you should be a member of ORG. I do hope that Bengalzone considers instituting a similar system in their site in the future.

We should attack and subjugate them
    Go Gators!

There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking sh*t and having a negative vibe.

Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion.
    That sounds about right. Here, we don't "talk sh*t" when disagreeing with another poster. Contrary to popular belief, disagreements can be handled in a constructive manner. That idea is enforced here unlike most other places. Redszone has never been about smack talk, and anyone looking for a venue to talk smack will be disappointed here.

I never did like that site. There are too many distractions surrounding too few quality thoughts. Different strokes, I guess...
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-21-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I think some of the difference between the two boards starts with the difference in sports that are discussed. Baseball fans seem more knowledgable than the average football fan. I mean, are there sabremetricians for football?
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 01-21-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think some of the difference between the two boards starts with the difference in sports that are discussed. Baseball fans seem more knowledgable than the average football fan. I mean, are there sabremetricians for football?
    There is no steroids in football though

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Theres just too much skin to enjoy any serious conversation there. The only boobs on this board are me and my brother.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    There is no steroids in football though
    Riiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhttttttt.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    We should attack and subjugate them
    Krono could take them down singlehandedly.

Turn Off Ads?