Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

I'm apparently one of the cool kids, according to bengalszone.

Finally!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't know, I like me some good hot chicks every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I've noticed that the first rule of a message board is that if our quality sucks, we'll cover our crap with skins.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't know, I like me some good hot chicks every now and then.

Me too. Especially when it's "Famous Recipe".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion.
    I thought this part was great. Obviously, everyone in tORG has the same opinions.

Fwiw, you have to clear through a ton of chaff to post there, like most Bengals chatboards. It also helps, if you work or have kids, to turn off the pics option, so nudity isn't the norm when you are there.

And, you do have to work a ton to get through the juvenile stuff. But there are a core of posters there who are decent.

Still, it is nice to have a place like this one where some of those steps don't have to be taken. To say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I am not a Bengals fan, so I had never heard of the site before. I looked it up, and they have a separate Cincinnati Reds sub-forum where the original post was made. I have been a member of Redzone for a while, and have always thought the system was quite fair. Make quality posts, be civil to you fellow posters, and elevate the general posting discourse and in due course you should be a member of ORG. I do hope that Bengalzone considers instituting a similar system in their site in the future.
    The difference is that if I have a difference of opinion from most of the board, or the leaders of the board (ie Adam Dunn), then you get "negative repped." That's why it pisses a lot of people off, like myself. I can't say anything negative about certain players.

If I met everyone from TRZ at a bar and said I loved Marty, I'd get stoned. Some people just take message boards a bit too seriously IMO.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    The difference is that if I have a difference of opinion from most of the board, or the leaders of the board (ie Adam Dunn), then you get "negative repped." That's why it pisses a lot of people off, like myself. I can't say anything negative about certain players.

If I met everyone from TRZ at a bar and said I loved Marty, I'd get stoned. Some people just take message boards a bit too seriously IMO.
    Under the new system, you won't get negative rep. Your blanket statement is an unfair assumption of how we conduct ourselves. In fact, differences of opinion and the manner in which they are handled help make this board the best one I go to (by far).

Is RZ's system perfect? No, but no system ever is.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Under the new system, you won't get negative rep. Your blanket statement is an unfair assumption of how we conduct ourselves. In fact, differences of opinion and the manner in which they are handled help make this board the best one I go to (by far).

Is RZ's system perfect? No, but no system ever is.
    Except for the song-writing system of the band, "Flight of the Conchords." Their system is just about perfect.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Sure you can.

Just bring something to the table to back up what you are saying or prepare to be confronted by people who can back thier differing opinions up.

You have the right to an opinion. Nobody is going to go to your house, knock on your door, and force you to like Adam Dunn. If you want to put your opinion out there (i.e. on a message board) for public consumption, however, then expect the public to consume it. And, if your opinion lacks supporting evidence or substance, don't get mad when it's chewed up and spit back out immediately.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I agree we have a right to opinion and we have to back up our talk. But it's funny I need to talk about "luck" or Dunn's BABIP or whatever other whacked out stat to back up an argument. For instance, I could say, "I personally think it's the wrong decision to pay a man 15 million dollars for missing 3rd base, his 3-45 average with a count of 0-2 on him, and his pourous OF glove defined by his (enter aprocraphyl FP or whatever other useless stat that someone told me that Adam Dunn ACTUALLY covered more ground in the OF than our CF and that he was making up for them)."

When I say that, I received multiple negative reps and PM's saying how clueless I was about baseball because Adam Dunn hits a magical .266 vs righties when the wind is blowing <10 mph on even numbered days."

I'm getting a bit off-topic, but I'm basically saying that we can make stats say anything and that's about the only evidence we can present. It just comes down to the majority of people on this board man-loving Dunn and hating Marty (when we can't even present objective evidence of how good/bad he is. It's just your personal opinion). So how could I ever expect to post on the highest board of all time.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

You basically answered your own question with that post.
    Witty signature.

For a Level Playing Field

Believe it or not: There used to be two straight-shooting RZ members who made the mistake of displaying their love for Marty at a bar with all of the RZ members. This transgression ended up causing them to be stoned for the 1st time in their young lives. As bad as it seemed at the time, that stoning started a new career for them that led to fame and fortune....

Nice photo of GAC and Rem
    Go Gators!

I still have that bandana!

Rem

Turn Off Ads?