Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

The problem with Bengalzone is the posters have a very limited knowledge of the game. Baseball has been studied and dissected for over a hundred years. The NFL is just now getting statistical analysis like VORA. That's not even mentioning the amount of young, new fans the Bengals have. Football is an incredibly complex game and yet you have talking heads on ESPN that tend to value statistics in a completely wrong way. Go to a Bengals game sometime and listen to the discussion of the game from these people. It's to the point where I would much rather watch the game at home than deal with the immature, vulgar, and drunk fans. I lurk there sometimes and even with their signatures and profile pics you can get a quick picture on style of most posters. It's much like the fans at the Bengals games that have no clue what is going on. Usually the loudest is the dumbest in my experience.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Thought the perspective of one of the mods of a very successful Cincy sports forum were interesting... (PLEASE NOTE: his words not mine)
    You've made it clear that the words are not yours, but it's not clear whether you share the opinion. Does that post you quoted speak for you, too?
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    You've made it clear that the words are not yours, but it's not clear whether you share the opinion. Does that post you quoted speak for you, too?
    I think he made his opinion clear in the Bengalszone thread where he referred to the Redszone folks in a very unflattering way. Seems to me like he was trying to stir the pot.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I heart it when people complain about how much they hate a message board. If you don't like RaisorZone, don't post at RaisorZone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Sounds like you have three issues:

1.) An inability to post personal opinion free from disagreement from those who have differing opinions.
    2.) Hostility towards quantitative analysis, particularly when it's used to support an argument counter to your opinion.
    2.) A rep system which punished differing opinion instead of poor conduct
    It sounds like you have an issue with counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I heart it when people complain about how much they hate a message board. If you don't like RaisorZone, don't post at RaisorZone.
    HEY, who changed the logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think he made his opinion clear in the Bengalszone thread where he referred to the Redszone folks in a very unflattering way. Seems to me like he was trying to stir the pot.
    Maybe so, but it would be nice to get a firsthand answer from the OP. The longer that this grenade of a thread is allowed to roll around without even one reply from TheWalls, the more likely it is that your suspicion is correct.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Maybe so, but it would be nice to get a firsthand answer from the OP. The longer that this grenade of a thread is allowed to roll around without even one reply from TheWalls, the more likely it is that your suspicion is correct.
    In the Bengalzone thread, he claims that he has been banned from RedsZone. If that is the case, we will not be hearing from him again.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    In the Bengalzone thread, he claims that he has been banned from RedsZone. If that is the case, we will not be hearing from him again.

We should send him a nice fruit basket.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    But that post was made before the first post in this thread. The "ban" was probably just a vacation from the board that ended long ago.
    /r/reds

He may have been a member when he made the initial post, but I checked the list of members and he is no longer listed. That would seem to indicate he has either left for reasons of his own, or been asked to leave.

Turn Off Ads?