Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An explanation about the board speed, downtime, etc. from our host

No problem. It just may be something we may want to look at just prior to the new season.

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to website formats, the amount of hard drive space it takes, servers, etc.

Some of you know that I'm an avid Browns fan (no booing or hissing please :evilgrin: ).

But I am thoroughly impressed with the way that forum is set up and it's format. And they have a huge member base also.

You ought to take a peek at this forum and the way it's set up. It also uses the UBB threads, which is what we use isn't it?

Set your biases aside for just a few, and take a peek. If nothing else, I could probably find out what server they are using.

http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/...reads.php?Cat=

2. Turn Off Ads?
    If you are looking for other sites to get tips from, be sure to check out the best fan run sports site on the web, IMO, one mentioned several times by ESPN.
    http://www.clutchcity.net/

It is for the Houston Rockets, but they have 8600 registered members on their board and do it up right. They might have tips for you as they have experienced the growing pains you are.

They also run something called a TipJar where people can donate money year around http://www.clutchcity.net/tipjar.cfm and there have several times been bets on the board with the proceeds going to the tipjar. For example, one member bet that Yao Ming would start the season as the Rockets center. So I thought Yao would sit the bench, I could donate 5$ to the tip jar, which he would match. And if I won, I would get a Just Shut Up I could use on him anytime where he would not post for an entire day (his norm was prolly 50 posts a day or so).

Just a couple of thoughts for you, use them however you like. But as a sports fan website admin, I would recommend you drop clutch an email and talk to him a little.

Turn Off Ads?