Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Sign Palmer?

Bengals Sign Palmer?

Bengals Sign Carson's brother Jordan Palmer to a two year deal today. Will compete with Jeff Rowe and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the backup job. It would be pretty neat seeing the two brothers on the same team.
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals Sign Palmer?

Sounds like a locker room problem waiting to happen.

IIRC, last year Carson openly said he didn't want the Bengals to draft Jordan because he wants his brother to have a chance at becoming a starter somewhere.

But hey, I suppose doing the exact opposite is a good idea.

Jordan obviously isn't going to be a starter anytime soon. Why not have him learn under his brother for a couple of years?

Seems like a Carson driven signing/opportunity for Jordan.

First not sure if you were being sarcastic Bip, if not, you thinking this will be a locker room problem just doesn't make sense. If anything I think it would only help. It's not like Jordan was traded to us. He signed here as a free agent. He KNOWS Carson is the guy here. If he makes the team it won't be a problem

And as to Screwball's statement, Yes Carson did say that, but the key to the statement was Carson didn't want them to draft him because he wanted his brother to have a chance. He was released by the Redskins. He just signed with the Rattlers Arena league team. The bengals are giving Jordan a chance to prove he can at least be a backup in the NFL.

Im not worried about him being a problem. I worry about the rest of the teams perception of why hes there.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    IIRC, last year Carson openly said he didn't want the Bengals to draft Jordan because he wants his brother to have a chance at becoming a starter somewhere.

But hey, I suppose doing the exact opposite is a good idea.
    They didn't draft him.

And if another team wanted Jordan, Carson would have gotten his first wish.

As it stands, Jordan gets a shot to be employed for playing a game and spend time with his big bro. I'm sure Carson is probably not upset the Bengals signed him.

As for the rest iof the team, most of them should be worried about their own employment next year with the Bengals. Jordan Palmer should be the least of their worries.

Perhaps you guys are right. I may have been quick to judge. Things are different now that Jordan's been drafted - and subsequently waived - by Washington.

From Curnutte's blog:
    When Jordan Palmer entered the 2007 draft, he and Carson didn't want Jordan to sign with the Bengals.

Why?

"There were 31 other teams out there," Jordan said. "It was important for me to go somewhere else and get my career established. Now it is different. He is a great guy to learn behind. I can learn a lot from Carson, and I will offer him all of the support I can."

Jordan Palmer is essentially Carson's clone, without the arm strength or accuracy. They look alike on the field.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Jordan Palmer is essentially Carson's clone, without the arm strength or accuracy. They look alike on the field.
    Maybe the Bengals are going to use Jordan as a decoy.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I wonder who gets top bunk during training camp?
    Witty signature.

Glad the Bengals' have their off-season priorities in order. 2 year contract for a #4 QB and the starter's brother. Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Glad the Bengals' have their off-season priorities in order. 2 year contract for a #4 QB and the starter's brother. Silly.
    God this is one stupid post.
    Last edited by Bip Roberts; 01-30-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Hm. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    What else are they going to do? The season is still going on. The found a new Defensive Cord., linebackers coach which was clearly their first priority. Offers are made to most of their restricted free agents. What else do you expect them to do. Competition is a good thing, even if it is for the 3rd string quarterback. Silly.

Turn Off Ads?