Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Season of LOST

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: New Season of LOST

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I still don't understand why Charlie couldn't have swimmed through the window and not die.
    Because he believed he had to fulfill his destiny and finally stop dodging his death that Desmond foresaw to get Claire and everyone else off the island.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't understand why he had to lock the watertight door. Even after Patchy blew the window with the grenade, Charlie had plenty of time to get to the other side of the door. With water rushing in, Desmond surely would have changed his mind from trying to get to the com link and would have helped Charlie close the watertight door.
    I think Charlie's theory was that he was destined to die, and if the rest of Desmond's vision came true after him dying, then everyone, most notably Claire and the baby would be saved.

There were ways that he could have survived, but he chose to die.

Here's my wild guess. There are only "six" Oceanic survivors because only six of them were able to actually get off the island. My feeling is that many of the other survivors are still alive, but on the island. For some reason, the "six" have decided not to tell the rest of the world about the island and the other survivors on it. Hurley seems to be having troubles because of his "visions." He had this problem before with "Dave." Now his visions manifest themselves as the Oceanic "lawyer" and Charlie, who both seem to be acting as his conscience. They want him to do something that Jack and the other members of the "six" agreed not to do. I suspect that Jack's problems with alcohol and drugs arise from his own pangs of conscience about the fate of the rest of the survivors.
    The "Lawyer" was real not imagined.

Now the real question becomes is the guy that Hurley talks to and plays Connect Four with, real or the new Dave? Remember he saw Charlie first.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Because he believed he had to fulfill his destiny and finally stop dodging his death that Desmond foresaw to get Claire and everyone else off the island.
    Fair enough. It just seemed like that closing the door was more like committing suicide than fulfilling his destiny.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The "Lawyer" was real not imagined.

Now the real question becomes is the guy that Hurley talks to and plays Connect Four with, real or the new Dave? Remember he saw Charlie first.
    The "lawyer" may have been real, but what he whispered to Hurley could have been imagined. When I first saw him, I immediately thought of the Haitian from "Heroes."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Fair enough. It just seemed like that closing the door was more like committing suicide than fulfilling his destiny.
    Also he could have waited until the pressure equalized and then swam out the hole to the surface.

Destiny is overrated. Live to die another day.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

A couple more points.

I think the Oceanic Six are the same six people that the others took at the end of season 2. Michael, Walt, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, and Hurley.

We are still getting close to the date of the Tsunami, any reference to Christmas that shows up this season, will undoubtably point toward the tsunami. Also the Oceanic ads showed lots of waves, and the wreckage of the plane underwater.

I think this whole story is just some hallucination in Hurley's head. Four seasons and counting...

I heard a tidbit... there's another plane in the water and it's Oceanic 815 ( or what ever the number is).

I'd totally forgotten about Mike and Walt because they've been gone so long.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Here's one I can't resolve: the last I knew, Locke had been shot and left for dead in the pit with the skeletons of the Dharma Initiative people.

In the new episode, he's as healthy as a horse.

Sad note: doesn't Hurley look even bigger this season?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Here's one I can't resolve: the last I knew, Locke had been shot and left for dead in the pit with the skeletons of the Dharma Initiative people.

Sad note: doesn't Hurley look even bigger this season?
    The island has some sort of healing powers. That's why Locke can walk now and Rose's cancer seems to have gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Also he could have waited until the pressure equalized and then swam out the hole to the surface.

Destiny is overrated. Live to die another day.
    There is a whole physics problem at work here, too. You cannot fill an air-tight chamber with water from a hole in the side of the chamber. There will always be a bubble of air at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler View Post
    There is a whole physics problem at work here, too. You cannot fill an air-tight chamber with water from a hole in the side of the chamber. There will always be a bubble of air at the top.
    Quit trying to throw logic in to the arguement.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post

A theory I've heard... He was shot where his kidney should have been. The kidney that his father conned him out of. Thus, the bullet hit nothing vital, coupled with the island's healing properties.

Just a theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    A theory I've heard... He was shot where his kidney should have been. The kidney that his father conned him out of. Thus, the bullet hit nothing vital, coupled with the island's healing properties.

Just a theory though.
    No one really needs intestines either.

Turn Off Ads?