Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN

Re: ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I was just thinking that I miss seeing Australian Rules Football, Minnesota Fats and Willie Moscone billiards duels and "From the 55-Yard Line," the weekly CFL highlight show. All of that would infinitely preferable to the infotainment that ESPN fills its airwaves with now.
    Yeah, I forgot about rugby too...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I miss crazy European road races in those little cars.

But I also miss the days when phones weren't everywhere I look.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I miss crazy European road races in those little cars.

But I also miss the days when phones weren't everywhere I look.
    I miss movies costing $7.00

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hahaha... I miss them costing $2.50

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I just paid $4 to see one today. Love that AM matinee special at AMC theatres.
    /r/reds

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I miss the days when most of the mainstream sports were on the non cable networks and ESPN covered a lot of the off the beaten path sports that you don't see in America that much. ESPN back then was somewhat exotic because they were covering things I wasn't normally exposed to then and I watched a lot of it for those reasons. Now they don't show soccer that much, or hockey at all, and Aussie rules football and rugby don't even exist anymore as far as they're concerned. There has been more of a recent trend to put mainstream sports on cable and then the cable channels don't have any room for the other interesting sports I used to enjoy watching. It's a shame.

I have Fox Sports Southwest through my cable company. They have a nightly show called "FSN The Final Score". I think the other Fox Sports channels have the same thing. I prefer it much more than Sportscenter now although it is quite a bit like ESPNEWS in it's pacing but the style is much more to my liking.

thanks to what SportsCenter has turned into, I get all my sports information from the internet...

Where I am, it costs 12 Euro to see a movie at the movie theater. Thank goodness for BitTorrent.

Things that annoy me right now on ESPN:

You expect me to watch a Battle of the Bands on Baseball Tonight? You really thought I would? Really?

Can I see the baseball highlights? Please? Sigh.

Classic post by Crash Davis. Says it all.

Thanks for posting that, MWM.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'm really tired of the overwhelming amount of NFL coverage. Do I really need a half-hour show every day devoted to a sport that won't start for four months? Also, the idea of watching the NFL Draft is a complete and utter farce, let alone devoting seemingly hundreds of hours to covering it. Somehow, ESPN and the NFL turned a nothing event into "Must-See-TV". Do I really care who the Seahawks take in the third round, or even the first round? Sorry, but it is a complete waste of time.

The other thing to think about is this. Those dumb Studio shows like Cold Pizza and Around the Horn are like any reality show. They are cheap and easy to make. It's almost like printing money. So we will continue to see more shows like that and less competition.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?