Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Maybe a little help?

Maybe a little help?

Ok this is the team I drafted what do you guys think I need to improve my team.It's a HeadtoHead league

Martin, Russell C LA

Konerko, Paul 1B CHW

Upton, B.J. 2B/CF TB

Ramirez, Aramis 3B CHC

Ramirez, Hanley SS FLA

Griffey, Ken CF CIN

Hamilton, Josh CF TEX

Suzuki, Ichiro RF SEA

Burrell, Pat LF PHI

Bedard, Erik SP SEA

Harang, Aaron SP CIN

Isringhausen, Jason RP STL

Jones, Todd RP DET

Liriano, Francisco SP MIN

Lowe, Derek SP LA

Street, Huston RP OAK

Gordon, Alex 3B/1B KC

Dye, Jermaine RF CHW

Kemp, Matt CF LA

Accardo, Jeremy RP TOR

Capps, Matt RP PIT

Ryan, B.J. RP TOR

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maybe a little help?

more... info... needed...

Scoring for Batting Categories
    1B - Singles 1 point
    2B - Doubles 2 points
    3B - Triples 3 points
    BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
    HR - Home Runs 4 points
    R - Runs 1 point
    RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
    SB - Stolen Bases 2 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
    BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -0.5 points
    CG - Complete Games 5 points
    ER - Earned Runs -1 point
    HA - Hits Allowed -0.5 points
    INN - Innings 2 points
    K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
    S - Saves 10 points
    W - Wins 10 points

I think that's a pretty solid team. It kinda depends on how the season plays out now.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

I think your team is very solid. It is hard to say for sure though since we don't know how many teams are in your league. Nor do we know the starting positions, innings limit or if daily transactions are allowed.

That is one horrendously awful scoring system.

Your scoring system seems to favor power hitters, base stealers and closers. Your team might be a little weak on power, but is good for pitching.

I like your team. How many teams?

I think you have a great team. Liriano should have a great year. I think you're a little weak on the pitching side. This team could win lots of leagues.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I think you have a great team. Liriano should have a great year. I think you're a little weak on the pitching side. This team could win lots of leagues.
    He has more pitching than most fantasy teams. Bedard, Harang, and a healthy Liriano is better than most any team. I guess you could say he has no SP depth though, that I could agree on.

Then he has 5 solid closers as well.

I also like that he has Kemp and Gordon on the bench. They both could explode this year and allow others to become trade chips.

I would guess that this is a 10 team league. There seems to be to many studs throughout the lineup for it to be 12 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    He has more pitching than most fantasy teams. Bedard, Harang, and a healthy Liriano is better than most any team. I guess you could say he has no SP depth though, that I could agree on.

I also like that he has Kemp and Gordon on the bench. They both could explode this year and allow others to become trade chips.

I would guess that this is a 10 team league. There seems to be to many studs throughout the lineup for it to be 12 teams.
    I didn't see Bedard as I went down the list, but your point is well taken. B.J. Ryan is probably going to get hurt. Jones and Isringhausen are fossils. Capps is very underrated though. I also agree that he doesn't have much depth. If Liriano or another starter can't play for a portion of this year, you're really going to take a hit.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post

It is a 10 team league.Thanks guy for your insite I like my draft but I didn't know if it was just because I drafted it lol. It's always good to get others point of view

Turn Off Ads?