Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/29/2008 Reds Vs Rays

Re: 2/29/2008 Reds Vs Rays

I looked up the broadcast adminsitrator of the Reds and asked them to consider broadcasting more of the spring games next year. She just sent me back the schedule and said "Thanks for your interest". I wrote back and bemoaned the fact that there will be two whole weeks when week day games won't be broadcast and that there are lots of us who'd like to listen now. I'll let you know what she says.

Is Gameday majorally delayed?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fay's apparently ditching us to go to Homer's press conference.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Is Gameday majorally delayed?

Yeah. They still have it as middle of the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well, here is her response - I guess folks ought to contact the Reds to tell them there is interest.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately early in the season there is not enough interest in the games during the week while people are working and they cannot sell enough advertising to pay for the broadcasts. Further along through the season when it is closer to Opening Day, people do listen and the games are broadcast. Thank you.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

From Trent.

Bottom 4: Griffey walks. Dunn up. Griffey's day is done. Dickerson is running for him. Grounder by Dunn, but Dickerson was running. 4-3. Moved the run over, though. Votto walks. THe Rays made wholesale changes, but was busy writing and didn't catch them all. Jason Hammel is the pitch, by the way, for the Reds. Green fouls one back. Dickerson steals third. Votto didn't get a good break and the catcher, Riggans, threw behind the play, but Votto was back safely. Green rips one foul. Votto steals second on a thir dball. Full to Green. Grounder to third, Dickerson socreds. 3-2. Bako up. K. Rays 3, Reds 2
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Votto walking was -1 for Baker. So he had to go ahead and steal the base to get back to 0. *only slight sarcasm there*

Dickerson has been impressive early on in spring. Granted, the key word is early. Very early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Dickerson has been impressive early on in spring. Granted, the key word is early. Very early.
    I'm pretty sure Baker is going to insist on having some speed on the bench.

Still 3-2, bottom of the 6th.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

So is Kepp the opening day 2 hitter or is it Castro saying Gonzo is on the shelf

Bottom 7: Chad Orvella in for the Rays. Jolbert Cabrera lines out to left. Nice play by the Rays' second baseman to get Alvin Colina. A non-catcher running and he's probably safe. Adam Rosales up now. Rosales has looked good this spring. Javy's on deck. Rosales smoked one down the left field line, right by the third baseman, Rosales hustles to make it a double. 4-3 for Javy. Rays 3, Reds 2
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Top 8: Sauerbeck in for the Redlegs. Justin Ruggiano up for the Rays, Eric Hinske on deck. Sauerbeck quickly 0-2 on Ruggiano. 1-2. Single to right. Stolen base. Full to Hinske. Hinske's one of those guys you encounter just about every spring game for the first two weeks -- each team has some guy you can't believe is still playing. Walk to Hinske. 2,768. The Rays just don't pack 'em in like they used to. Elliot Johnson pinch hitting for the Rays. Johnson misses the unt and Ruggiano is picked off second by Colina. One out. Another walk. Joel Guzman up for the JustRays. Single, bases are loaded. And now it's full. Walk. 4-2. John Jaso up. A double play ball to first, but Rosales throws it into the dugout to make it 6-2. That's it for Sauerbeck. Ramon Ramirez in for the Redlegs. Full count on Rodriguez. Walk. Fly out to left. Rays 6, Reds 2
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

We have ourselves a ballgame

Per trent
    * Bottom 8: Jake McGee in for the Rays. Jay Bruce leading off. I turned on the video camera just in case. He lines one into center for a single. Not a good line for Sauerbeck 2/3 of an inning, 2 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, 3 walks. Freel walks. A group of Rays fans keep yelling at the ump and finally someone else yelled, "It's spring training!" 3-0 to Dickerson. You don't want to do that with Drew Anderson. A walk. Now everyone is making fun of the hecklers. Drew fouls off 2. 0-2. 1-2. Anderson nails one off of McGee's shin. Bruce scores. 6-3. Andy Phillips up with Cabrera on deck. Walk. 6-4. And now a pitchingchange. No outs. Something about spring training games seem longer than any other game. Ugh. It's James Houser in for the Rays, another lefty to face Jolbert Cabrera and Alvin Colina. Swinging at strike one for Cabrera. And then a shot into center could have tied this puppy up. Two score on the single, runners on first and third for Colina. 6-6. Volquez off the schnide.

Is there any better way to not make an opening day roster than by walking guys in spring training?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I am not happy with Homer pitching in front of Volquez.

FWIW, Bailey has looked alot better at this point in spring training than last year.

Turn Off Ads?