Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: March 2, Reds vs Blue Jays

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: March 2, Reds vs Blue Jays

David Weathers doing stellar...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Matt Stairs goes deep off of Weathers. Jays up 6-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

These announcers are about as awful as it gets. Good lord.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

It's obviously way early, but it isn't too early to feel like this bullpen is going to suck yet again.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    It's obviously way early, but it isn't too early to feel like this bullpen is going to suck yet again.

Just sayin'.
    If the right guys make the team this bullpen could be pretty good IMO.

Francisco Cordero, Jared Burton, Josh Roenicke, Bill Bray, Marcus McBeth/Todd Coffey, Jeremy Affeldt/Jon Coutlangus, and David Weathers.

The Reds have 2 Drew Andersons...

Votto doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If the right guys make the team this bullpen could be pretty good IMO.

Francisco Cordero, Jared Burton, Josh Roenicke, Bill Bray, Marcus McBeth/Todd Coffey, Jeremy Affeldt/Jon Coutlangus, and David Weathers.
    Could be. Could also be horrific, as many of those guys have zero to very little track record.

Talked to Bruce: "It's no big deal. I felt rounding first. There's no use taking any chances this early in spring. It's not serious at all."

Mercker isn't going to make the club if he keeps this up...

Johnny Cueto also had the flu. He's looked pretty good until he gave up back-to-back, two-out singles in the fourth. The second one scored a run. His line: 2 IP, 4 hits, 1 runs, no walks, 2 strikeouts.

"His stuff was electric," Dusty Baker said. "And he wasn't even feeling good. He'll get better."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...-bruce-out.asp

The Reds are severely lacking in the LH reliever department... Stanton, Mercker, and Saurbeck are stinking up the joint and taking away innings from some of the younger guys who can do better IMO. I say get rid of those three guys and see what Coutlangus/Pelland/Viola can do. Move Affeldt back to the bullpen and go with him and Bill Bray as the two lefties out of the pen. If Bray isn't ready then go with one of the three younger guys that I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Reds are severely lacking in the LH reliever department... Stanton, Mercker, and Saurbeck are stinking up the joint and taking away innings from some of the younger guys who can do better IMO. I say get rid of those three guys and see what Coutlangus/Pelland/Viola can do. Move Affeldt back to the bullpen and go with him and Bill Bray as the two lefties out of the pen. If Bray isn't ready then go with one of the three younger guys that I mentioned.
    Agree. The one journeyman LH I might look at is Adam Pettyjohn simply because he could go multi-innings and turn line-ups around in long relief. I'm not saying Pettyjohn is all that promising, but if the team insists on 3 LH in the pen, then a muiti-inning guy who only pitches when the starter is blown out is probably the best idea since there probably aren't three good ones. I would prefer Ramon Ramirez get a long look in the multi-inning role or ditch it all together and stretch out Salmon or Coffey a bit.

I'd like to see Bray step-up, but I think Affeldt is the best bet as a late situation lefty and Coutlangus is probably the best idea for a loogy. If Bray is healthy, he isn't automatically assured of a job IMO. I'd like to see the team make a spring deal for a LH reliever who is wasted on a bad team. Damaso Marte would be a good target.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Could be. Could also be horrific, as many of those guys have zero to very little track record.
    Exactly. Roenicke and McBeth have little experience and McBeth looked pretty bad last year.

Also, what makes anyone think Coffey will be better than last year? Same goes for Coutlangus. Bray's ML record is horrible. To tell you the truth, that group of five will not be much better than Stanton and others.

We've just got to score a lot of runs early.

Reds bullpen today:

IP - 6, H - 12, R - 8, ER- 8, BB - 1, SO - 3, ERA - 12.00

Like I said, we need to score lots of runs.

Just got done watching.

Gotta say, that was on of the worst announcing jobs and broadcasts in general that I've seen.

I assume they produce like this just becasue it's spring training, and it's the away team, but twice they missed AB's coming back from commercial and missed a couple of AB's with a feature on how slow Frank Thomas is. I guess it's forgivable because they're in the A.L. East and never see the N.L. Central, but they knew NOTHING about the Reds. Hard to watch. I never watch the Blue Jays, but I really think I know more about the Blue Jays than these professional announcers know about the Reds.

By the way, watching Eckstein's cro hop from across the diamond is still adorable this year as it was in prior season.

Turn Off Ads?