Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Draft Results

Draft Results

Had my first draft today. Here's what I got. 12 Team Standard 5x5 roto. One starter at every spot and a UTL.

Round/Player
    1. David Wright
    2. Vladimir Guerrero
    3. Lance Berkman
    4. Eric Byrnes
    5. Carlos Guillen
    6. Carlos Pena
    7. Roy Oswalt
    8. Scott Kazmir
    9. Ian Snell
    10. Vernon Wells
    11. John Maine
    12. Clay Buckholtz
    13. Todd Jones
    14. Dontrelle Willis
    15. Bronson Arroyo
    16. Brian Wilson
    17. CJ Wilson
    18. Aaron Hill
    19. Roman Hernandez
    20. Tom Gordon
    21. Dave Roberts
    22. Barry Bonds
    23. Kaz Matsui

Not to happy with the team. I'm mediocre in about every category. My pitching is questionable at best. Just plain bad in steals
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Draft Results

Where did you select Wright? I'm in a 12 teamer too and it looks very similar how I feel my draft is going to go as well.

I will say you are a middle of the pack team. Just stay active on the wavier wire. You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Had my first draft today. Here's what I got. 12 Team Standard 5x5 roto. One starter at every spot and a UTL.

Round/Player
    1. David Wright
    2. Vladimir Guerrero
    3. Lance Berkman
    4. Eric Byrnes
    5. Carlos Guillen
    6. Carlos Pena
    7. Roy Oswalt
    8. Scott Kazmir
    9. Ian Snell
    10. Vernon Wells
    11. John Maine
    12. Clay Buckholtz
    13. Todd Jones
    14. Dontrelle Willis
    15. Bronson Arroyo
    16. Brian Wilson
    17. CJ Wilson
    18. Aaron Hill
    19. Roman Hernandez
    20. Tom Gordon
    21. Dave Roberts
    22. Barry Bonds
    23. Kaz Matsui

Not to happy with the team. I'm mediocre in about every category. My pitching is questionable at best. Just plain bad in steals
    I think you reached a little early for some of your picks. It seems to be you picked each of your starting pitchers at least a round or two early. I of course don't know how your draft was going at the time but...

My draft from last night was only 10 teams, but as examples, Snell went in round 17 and Buchholz in round 18.

You got decent power early and Wells could be a steal in the 10th round. Your starters will rely on Oswalt and Kazmir staying healthy.

I really think you reached to try to get steals late with Roberts and Matsui. Neither of those guys are worth starting just for steals. I really think it's not worth having bad players on your team just because they'll get 30 steals. They'll hurt other categories more than help you in steals.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

likes-Maine, Guillen, Wright, Hill at 18, Wells at 10

dislikes-Snell jumps off the page, Gordon, Roberts and Bonds but at least you have room for WW pickups,

not that bad, I'd be interested to see who's on your WW
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

yeah I tend to reach with my picks in drafts. Seems like the pitchers were starting to fly off the board, but I probably still drafted early. I don't see how Gordon was a bad pick really. Late round pick and he is the closer as of right now, and all it takes is a Lidge melt down for it to stay that way.

I had the 3rd overall pick. A-Rod, Hanley, then I took Wright. Utley went 4!
    Last edited by Stephenk29; 03-03-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I think Eric Byrnes might be a reach at 3 - just because I think last year was quite fluky for him. Everything about him just screams Gary Matthews Jr for 2008.

And Todd Jones - oh man I would avoid that guy like the plague. If Detroit is rocking early summer but Jones & the bully keep blowing leads - he'll be the 1st to get hit with the pink slip as they trade for someone like Chad Cordero. With all the talent they have - that's a screaming announcement of "We're going for it now" if I have ever seen one. Same goes for Cleveland and Borowski.

Love Kazmir at 8. And John Maine is way underrated - could get 12-15 wins for the Mets with 140-150ks.

And Kaz Matsui was on all three of my teams last year. Great sneaky fantasy guy. Tons of steals, high average, good amount of runs - what else do you need from a 2B slot as a waiver wire pickup or last round steal.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 03-16-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Turn Off Ads?